Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 24, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #5,702 of 41,153

Quote:
Post more pics of that gorgeous turntable, brokenthumb!

Done! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #5,707 of 41,153

Quote:
I use a headphone stand, and yet the paint does chip a bit. It's almost unavoidable it seems.

IIRC the paint chipping is more due to stretching of the headband than letting it lay on a surface. I've had my HD650 for 3 years having bought them used, and used them without a stand for 2 years. No chipping of any sort.

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #5,708 of 41,153

Quote:

IIRC the paint chipping is more due to stretching of the headband than letting it lay on a surface. I've had my HD650 for 3 years having bought them used, and used them without a stand for 2 years. No chipping of any sort.

+1

The paint is more rigid than the underlying base. If the base/headband flexes too much, the paint chips off rather than bending. 

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #5,710 of 41,153
Hey, brokenthumb,

Nice setup you there, and amazing way to use the corner space.

What are those things behind your display? Some sort of organizer? 

And i HOLY JESUS ON A STICK, that's one beautiful TD you got there. Is that a transparent vinyl? 

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #5,711 of 41,153

Quote:
Hey, brokenthumb,

Nice setup you there, and amazing way to use the corner space.

What are those things behind your display? Some sort of organizer? 

And i HOLY JESUS ON A STICK, that's one beautiful TD you got there. Is that a transparent vinyl? 

Thanks!  The silver things are made onto the desk and they swing 360 degrees, so I can position them wherever.  They came with those little storage trays that attach to them.
Yeah that's a transparent vinyl of Florence + the Machine Morning Becomes Eclectic.  The acrylic platter is really cool b/c if you put a colored vinyl on it then platter seems to glow that color also.  I guess it's the light I have over the turntable that shines on it making it sort of glow the color.  I've got some Clear, Red, Blue, Orange and Yellow vinyl.  The Orange is from No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom and looks sick, it's transparent Orange!

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #5,712 of 41,153
Colored vinyl is among the most beautiful things that man can lay it's hands on. I trully envy you, brokenthumb.

I imagine if someone could do a mod to a turntable, add some LEDs to it, inside the platter somehow, and the thing would backlit the transparent vinyl while it spins, i mean, JUST IMAGINE THAT.

I get carried away too easily.

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #5,715 of 41,153

Quote:
Sounds like you need some Coke Bottle vinyl (Disturbed Sickness 10 year), purple (color purple ost), maybe some white...

I had to google this coke bottle vinyl thing. It's freakin beautiful.

The Coke Bottle is probably my favorite. Purple and Blue probably tie for second. Green is another good one. Then again...Colored vinyl is just sexy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back