Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 13, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #5,431 of 41,191
Quote:

I have a Bag of Holding. What does that do for my audio?

It makes your audio portable. That bag looks big enough to hold a whole room of equipment. I am not sure how you will implement the floor risers with it though.

Apr 13, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #5,432 of 41,191
Quote:

I have a Bag of Holding. What does that do for my audio?

It makes your audio portable. That bag looks big enough to hold a whole room of equipment. I am not sure how you will implement the floor risers with it though.

Exactly. Depending on what you have, you may want to consider one of ALO's black bag things for your portable gear.

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #5,436 of 41,191

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc8773 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A good budget component that a does what the Tranquility Base does just not as good, is the Shakti stone. You place it on top or near to one of your components to remove any EMI/RFI noise. It's around $200 on music direct.com
I have one too and I notice a difference it made in my sound which is a little deeper backround.  Another highly recommended component.
wink_face.gif

I'm not trying to troll here but EMI/RFI absorberson the whole  are pretty dodgy IMO - the largest magnitude of EMI/RFI is actually coming from within the components themselves, and shielding within components is best left to the engineers who designed them as shielding/absorbtive material can be a double edged sword.

Don't get me wrong tweaks are great just you need to be careful not to go overboard on items that probably won't match their price with performance, unless your rig is already the best gear money can buy.  I can't say for sure if  a $2k isolating platform will be a better way to spend money than investing $2k more in a DAC, trasnport or amplifier, and personally I would love to find out just I am not willing to take that risk and would rather spend the money on tried and tested components (eg I have a hard time believing that spending $10K on tweaks would give better results than taking that money and investing it in transport, DAC, headphones and amplifier).  I guess that's just my own opinion though.

Anyway I will post some photos up next week when my Master 6/ Ref 7.1 combination arrives, might order some power chords but again I wonder if that money would do better invested in a better transport or saving for some STAX gear.

Apr 13, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #5,438 of 41,191
Quote:
So, the tranquility base is powered to remove electromagnetic interference around anything on top of it? That's kinda neat if it works.

Too bad a Faraday cage (aka, ANY grounded metal case) will protect anything inside that cage (metal box) from external static and non-static electrical fields, and insulate them pretty well from electromagnetic interference (granted not all, but at least you don't have to go buy a fancy end-table that's too short for any good use to do it).

I guess... I just don't see the point.

Hmm another interesting fact from the Synergistic Reserach...

"Outperforms state-of-the-art $10,000+ isolation platforms and racks."

Yeah, I designed and built and isolation platform that out-performs many of the "heap of rocks" isolation tables for under $50 too.  Not impressed!!!

Maybe I'm being too critical...
or maybe you're making sense

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #5,439 of 41,191

Quote:
or maybe you're making sense

Tell him what he's won Vanna!

Support platforms, and cable supports.... this is madness.

Next upgrade, magic pebbles!

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina19.htm

Apr 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #5,441 of 41,191

Hyperspace power cables are old news.  I open up two wormholes between my components for complete transmission.  The ripping of the fabric of time and space has an added benefit of going back in time and using fresh military grade NOS power from pre-war times when eletricity was fresh and clean. 

Quote:
http://www.coconut-audio.com/
I'm just going to leave this here...

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #5,442 of 41,191
I'm wondering if patrick82 re-registered...

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #5,443 of 41,191

Users who are viewing this thread

Back