Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 3, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #5,311 of 41,198
what's your favorite can for dub step, dub step girl?

Apr 3, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #5,314 of 41,198
This is my current audio setup, its nothing special yet, I started getting into this hobby 6 months ago.

For portable use I have ATH-EW9 clip-on woodies with Cowon J3 as source (for video I use my Samsung Galaxy SII).
As for home listening you can see there ATH-W1000X and ATH-W3000ANV headphones (for both I have Zoppa Pro acrylic/wooden stands which are basically cheaper copies of AT stand from portugal), Audio-GD NFB-12 DAC and Project Sunrise hybrid amplifier. DAC and amp are connected with Supra DAC-X rca cables, my music is streamed from my laptop via usb to nfb-12. Everything is temporarily on TV table, I plan on getting separate audio rig but it has time, I dont have TV yet and I want to get my audio setup finished first before I get one, so no need to hurry for another piece of furniture here.
This setup is far from complete tho, I dont have immediate plans because I spend a lot on headphones lately (which are keepers for life time btw, at least I have no need to invest more on this front), but in next year or two I want to switch my chain with Anedio D2 and Zana Deux SE (or Svetlana 2/Yamamoto HA-02, will see how much I will spend on it) and maybe get some dedicated audio source instead of using my laptop (most likely some sort of HTPC so I will have all in one device for home entertainment system).

Apr 3, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #5,315 of 41,198
Finally, after more than three months of waiting, my CSP2+ has arrived
beyersmile.png

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some listening to do...

Apr 3, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #5,317 of 41,198

Quote:
This is my current audio setup, its nothing special yet, I started getting into this hobby 6 months ago.

For portable use I have ATH-EW9 clip-on woodies with Cowon J3 as source (for video I use my Samsung Galaxy SII).
As for home listening you can see there ATH-W1000X and ATH-W3000ANV headphones (for both I have Zoppa Pro acrylic/wooden stands which are basically cheaper copies of AT stand from portugal), Audio-GD NFB-12 DAC and Project Sunrise hybrid amplifier. DAC and amp are connected with Supra DAC-X rca cables, my music is streamed from my laptop via usb to nfb-12. Everything is temporarily on TV table, I plan on getting separate audio rig but it has time, I dont have TV yet and I want to get my audio setup finished first before I get one, so no need to hurry for another piece of furniture here.
This setup is far from complete tho, I dont have immediate plans because I spend a lot on headphones lately (which are keepers for life time btw, at least I have no need to invest more on this front), but in next year or two I want to switch my chain with Anedio D2 and Zana Deux SE (or Svetlana 2/Yamamoto HA-02, will see how much I will spend on it) and maybe get some dedicated audio source instead of using my laptop (most likely some sort of HTPC so I will have all in one device for home entertainment system).

that's quite a deep jump for getting started =/ Regardless...that's a damn sweet setup.

Apr 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #5,320 of 41,198
Nice!

Quote:
Finally, after more than three months of waiting, my CSP2+ has arrived
beyersmile.png

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some listening to do...

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #5,321 of 41,198

Quote:
They don't give us nearly enough space in these dorms TT.  Anyways this is what I got.

Yeeps, playing SC2 with keyboard and mouse on different levels like that would be weird...

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #5,322 of 41,198
Yeeps, playing SC2 with keyboard and mouse on different levels like that would be weird...

To be honest there would be decent room for a bigger table in that corner, if the drawer wasn't on the way. I'm in a dorm and I've got limited space, but still plenty IMO

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #5,323 of 41,198
Quick phone pic of my rig!
FiiO E10 > Just Audio AHA-120 > Sennheiser HD600

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #5,324 of 41,198

D
ecent setup for a dorm.  Finally got my freaking Bose speakers replaced with some B&Ws.

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #5,325 of 41,198
Got new tubes for my GES, now it's 6S4A GE USA tubes as power tubes and 5751 GE USA tubes as driver tubes. It's cost me about $350, but it's worth it, the sound now it's quite a big upgrade over the sound with stock tubes 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back