Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 13, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #3,542 of 41,293

Quote:
I mean dubstep can't sound good with every headphone out there, right?

then again, I'm not sure dubstep sounds good with any headphone

tongue_smile.gif

I kid, I kid

You shouldn't kid, it's a laughable genre. but to each their own. will upload my pictures in tha' morning

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #3,543 of 41,293
whether or not you like dubstep (I don't) calling it a "laughable genre" is ridiculous. 

I thought endless bickering over headphones (rumours, impressions etc.) was annoying enough but we shouldn't be judging other people's musical tastes

Quote:
You shouldn't kid, it's a laughable genre. but to each their own. will upload my pictures in tha' morning

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #3,544 of 41,293
It's laughable when it's the same noises and wobbles for every single tune out there. Everyone thinks that's total crap, because it generally is. But to find the good stuff, you have to look deeper and find the darker stuff that is focused on low bass. Example being Skrillex = noises and wobbles vs. Burial = Deep bass and ambience.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #3,545 of 41,293

Quote:
whether or not you like dubstep (I don't) calling it a "laughable genre" is ridiculous. 

I thought endless bickering over headphones (rumours, impressions etc.) was annoying enough but we shouldn't be judging other people's musical tastes

I can't agree more with you. It feels a little tasteless to criticize taste. Some like meat, some like veggies, some like red, some like blue, and so on. No need to bash things like that.

@Melvins, that was not directly directed at you, just a general thought I have when it comes to internet in general. People are generally not especially tolerant with other peoples taste in whatever..

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #3,546 of 41,293

Hallelujah. I'm not the only one defending a (mostly) good genre against generalizations. I do really feel DubStep is one of the genres where the 'mainstream' sound is just awful.

Quote:
It's laughable when it's the same noises and wobbles for every single tune out there. Everyone thinks that's total crap, because it generally is. But to find the good stuff, you have to look deeper and find the darker stuff that is focused on low bass. Example being Skrillex = noises and wobbles vs. Burial = Deep bass and ambience.

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #3,547 of 41,293
I tend to explain it this way when my friends question me, there's a lot of good dubstep, but theres a lot of really really crappy stuff too.
On an equipment note all these tube amps look like something from the future to me lol

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #3,550 of 41,293
Theres a lot of crappy stuff in everything that exists in our world.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #3,553 of 41,293

Grado SR60i, Sennheiser HD280Pro, Bose OEs in their case, NuForce uDAC2-hp, Sony Turntable...nothin fancy.

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #3,555 of 41,293

Quote:

nah, I was really joking.

While I don't like it (wobble wobble wobble), it reminds me of how ostracized people would make me feel about liking hip-hop/rap as a teenager (even honest fundamental stuff) so I suppose it makes me feel like I'm an old man and/or hypocrite .... still would've catch me listening to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back