Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #3,437 of 41,128

Very nice.  How do the mids sound?  Is it forward or laid-back?  Also, I did see you wanted to upgrade to the Bifrost.  I can't wait to hear how that combo does.
Quote:
Thanks, I am pretty noob but i will try my best to describe  my experience, initially i used the halo claro(LME49720NA opamp) to drive my hd650, it's sounded good, very detailed, but the low was pretty hash, i get fatigue with only a few minutes of listening, i had EQ down the low to get a comfortable listen, i did some reading in head-fi, and concluded that the warm sound and price point of the wa3 suit me well, so i ordered it with Sylvania 7236 NOS and a pair of Philips 6922 JAN, i was right, the wa3 tamed my hd650, it sound great, it's no longer hash, i could listen for hour without fatigue, although i have to say i am not completely satisfied, i think it's probably because the wa3 haven't break-in completely with my around 10 hours of use,  also i am still using my halo claro as a temporary DAC,  i know that this is a rough work around the result is likely not the best. I will get a bifrost next month and i will update my experience after the break-in.

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #3,438 of 41,128

Quote:
Very nice.  How do the mids sound?  Is it forward or laid-back?  Also, I did see you wanted to upgrade to the Bifrost.  I can't wait to hear how that combo does.

I would say laid back, i just plugged my ps3 in my wa3 and play CDs thru it, it sound better then with halo claro lol, i really need a DAC

Jan 8, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #3,439 of 41,128

Quote:
Buttcracks on the wall
smily_headphones1.gif

Sent from my htc thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Old Pink Floyd poster pretty famous one at that.

Jan 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #3,440 of 41,128
Very Basic Rig,Fiio E11 is about to join

FLAC->Cowon C2 8 GB->Denon AVR-3300(some circuit mods)->Audio Technica ATH M50

looks like Stax and APEX Pinnacle in contrast of what other kids in my school own.

here's a pic

Jan 8, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #3,441 of 41,128
I moved and thought i'd post a quick candid shot of what it looks like now. See sig for gear. 

-M

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #3,444 of 41,128

Quote:
That's pretty sweet actually. I love how compact it is.

+1 I love the synergy between my Sennheisers and the EF2A, especially with the NOS Raytheon tubes.

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #3,449 of 41,128
As I've said before the aesthetic and build quality were a significant factor in my purchase. Audio wise they are very solid all rounders - I wouldn't say they have weaknesses and at the same time I'm not amazed by any particular frequency. Theres little doubt in my mind that you could get better sound for the money. My bedroom setup is probably holding them back as well. 

Quote:
They're pretty. I wonder how they sound though. I wasn't a fan of the floor standers in that lin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back