Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 6, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #3,407 of 41,110
just  got my d2000s and lcd-2!!!

should get my dt 990s back from repair on monday or tuesday hopefully.

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #3,409 of 41,110

Quote:
Oh actually those are from a dollar store! They do the same thing as the larger more expensive Stax covers, but for about $2 each. They sell as Sweater travel bags and you just cut the bottoms off carefully.
 That or you can use those thicker plastic zippered bags that come with blankets. They seem a little thicker.
I put two tiny breather holes in the top corners of each in case of moisture buildup inside, and also tacked a small thing of silica gel to the back of the stands.

thats a great idea!  thanks.  i'll have to look into that.  i'm sure it will improve on my current t-shirt-as-a-dust-cover method 
smile.gif

Jan 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #3,414 of 41,110

Quote:
Quote:
x2

I have been trying to find comparisons with stax and other cans for some time with out much luck, I'm very interested in them

The budget Stax was a Lambda normal bias and SRD-6/SB with a Fiio E7 and A1. Sounds really nice but distinctly metallic which some people might not like. Sound is pretty balanced and has good extension. It's clear and has good sound stage.

Vs ATH-AD700, the soundstage doesn't seem as wide but there's actual bass.
Vs M50, the metallic highs are sort of similar but the Lambda sounds more cohesive. The m50 bass sounds boomy in comparison.
Vs HD280, they don't really sound alike at all.

The Stax generally sounds better than other headphones I've listened to (K240S, SR60i, V6, mostly entry level). It seems fragile to me but I treat it carefully. The comfort is great because it's surprisingly light and has basically no clamping force. The sound leaks a lot though.

Jan 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #3,415 of 41,110

Quote:
The budget Stax was a Lambda normal bias and SRD-6/SB with a Fiio E7 and A1. Sounds really nice but distinctly metallic which some people might not like. Sound is pretty balanced and has good extension. It's clear and has good sound stage.

Vs ATH-AD700, the soundstage doesn't seem as wide but there's actual bass.
Vs M50, the metallic highs are sort of similar but the Lambda sounds more cohesive. The m50 bass sounds boomy in comparison.
Vs HD280, they don't really sound alike at all.

The Stax generally sounds better than other headphones I've listened to (K240S, SR60i, V6, mostly entry level). It seems fragile to me but I treat it carefully. The comfort is great because it's surprisingly light and has basically no clamping force. The sound leaks a lot though.

It's an open-back, so your music supposes to leak out. 

Jan 7, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #3,419 of 41,110
Jan 7, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #3,420 of 41,110

Users who are viewing this thread

Back