Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 5, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #3,376 of 41,149
Quote:
Here's mine. HP Envy 17 feeding the Audio Lab M-DAC. Amp is Burson HA-160 and headphone is LCD-2.

Nice setup! Can i have it
tongue.gif

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #3,377 of 41,149
Got a new 1/4" L-Bracket Extension made up by chris_himself. So now its low-profile and i dont have to dodge a wire everytime i go to change volume. Done for now until i can afford LCD2 and a balanced amp (thinking Augio-GD Pheonix).

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #3,378 of 41,149
There's one shop I saw that might have what I'm looking for, but it doesn't seem like a mom and pop shop but a small chain with like 5 stores in some neighboring states (Here, Kansas, Okla, Texas I think) but let's continue this on PMs :wink:

Quote:
I mean there are some mom and pop type shops.. little holes in the wall where you can get refurbished consoles on the cheap from people who know what they are doing.

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #3,379 of 41,149
my lcd2 and d2000 should arrive in the mail tomorrow!! 

omg so excited@#@#!

biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #3,382 of 41,149

Totally Jelous... i have been longing for a LCD2 but soo much moneys... i want postpone buying a house lol... but i wont... hmmm tax return: LCD2's or a Emotiva 5 Channel Beast of an amp for my HT....

Quote:

omg so excited@#@#!

biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #3,383 of 41,149
I've been considering Emotiva over W4S for my speaker rig, but their lack of decent DAC choices is stopping me.

Quote:
Totally Jelous... i have been longing for a LCD2 but soo much moneys... i want postpone buying a house lol... but i wont... hmmm tax return: LCD2's or a Emotiva 5 Channel Beast of an amp for my HT....

Jan 5, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #3,384 of 41,149

Quote:
I've been considering Emotiva over W4S for my speaker rig, but their lack of decent DAC choices is stopping me.

Well i have a Marantz SR-6005 that i am using as my HT Receiver, it performs the DAC so the Emotiva is fine for me (is there even any 5 or 7 channel DAC's anyways??). If i was looking for amplification for a two channel setup, i would look at a DAC as well. those W4S Amps and DAC's look awesome but are way out of my budget :frowning2:

Jan 5, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #3,385 of 41,149
For HT you're right. But I meant EMotiva in general. Seems like great budget stuff, and they had better options but no longer make them. Unfortunate. 

I plan on a W4S from top to bottom (DAC, Monos, Pre) with my SA8004 as the transport for my 2 channel.

Quote:

Well i have a Marantz SR-6005 that i am using as my HT Receiver, it performs the DAC so the Emotiva is fine for me (is there even any 5 or 7 channel DAC's anyways??). If i was looking for amplification for a two channel setup, i would look at a DAC as well. those W4S Amps and DAC's look awesome but are way out of my budget :frowning2:

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #3,387 of 41,149
A while since I posted here and since i've been playing with some settings on the camera good excuse to do so. At it's current state as in 5 minutes ago ( and still ) devoid of any attempt to pretty it up for photos :)
This is the listening area, feed-source and other cans are elsewhere.  All electrostats in this area for the past little while. A couple of unobtainiums in this pic.

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #3,388 of 41,149
The emotiva gear is awesome value. I just got the 2 and 5 channel power amps and the processor. It seriously cranks the focals. I got it just to see how it compared to my Onkyo and it seriously beats it. Absolute bargain. 

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #3,389 of 41,149
My mobile office when traveling.

1. iPad 2
  2. Nuforce LOD
  3. Leckerton UHA-6S
  4. Sennheiser HD 25-1 II

I took these in May, so I guess these pics are technically verboten, but the setup is exactly the same to this day, down to the lockscreen and wallpaper (though not some of the apps).

Jan 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #3,390 of 41,149
Congratulations!  I had the LCD-2 for a month before I returned it...I could never get comfortable.  However, I have a much larger than average melon and I fear this was the culprit.  They sounded lovely while I had them. 

Also, I've been in love with the Denons for a long time.  I've owned two pairs of D2000 and two pairs of D7000 over the years.  Closed headphones have always had a soft spot in my heart and the 2000's are some of the most enjoyable headphones I've ever owned.  Enjoy! 

Quote:

omg so excited@#@#!

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back