Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 5, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #3,362 of 41,153

Quote:
My Portable (and only) Music Station:  Alessandro MS1i; FiiO E6; FiiO L3; 4th Gen iPod Nano.

not bad. i love the solid all black look.

Jan 5, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #3,363 of 41,153
Here's my head-fi station as it is right now..

From left to right (headphones): ultrasone pro 2900, sony mdr-xb1000, audio technica m50, audio technica w1000x, sony mdr-xb700 and wrapped around the speaker is the audio technica pro700mk2's. Forgot to include the audio technica a900's in the picture.

From left to right (hardware): schiit asgard, denon rcd-m38, musical fidelidy m1 hpa, my pc (on the floor, old quad core 3,3ghz with asus xonar essence stx audio card), eizo coloredge cg223w monitor and lying infront of it is an asus 1215b portable (the new one, with 4gb ram, amd e450 cpu, radeon 6320 bla bla bla)

Speakers are dali zensor 1's.

Jan 5, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #3,364 of 41,153

Quote:

+1.

and hey, your from missouri, awesome! lol

Quote:
Hey I'm from Missouri too!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Quote:
missouri head-fi meet?

Quote:
YES!!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/568093/kansas-city-mo-ks-meet-anyone#post_7847609

Quote:
YES!!!  In St. Louis preferably :wink:

Also, got a new pair of speakers today, hope they are decent.  They are Polk R300.  Only had $200 to spend from Christmas.

lol, lets do it guys.. My house has a basement :wink:

Quote:
Do you collect any classic games like the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES, 80s i think) or SNES, Sega etc? I might get into that soon...oh no, not another wallet eating hobby! XD

Edit: Also, on the iPhones, why keep all of them? I see the benefit of keeping the previous one as a backup but ehy all? iPods for different genres maybe?

I do, and I'm in missouri. I have a ton of vintage gaming consoles and games from refurbishing foreclosed homes. 

Quote:
Well they don't have any stores near me and nothing older than the PSP and original DS is on their website :frowning2:

we have a few nice local shops in st. louis.. I would imagine you have at least one in KC.

Quote:
My Portable (and only) Music Station:  Alessandro MS1i; FiiO E6; FiiO L3; 4th Gen iPod Nano.

I dig it. 

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #3,366 of 41,153

Quote:

lol, lets do it guys.. My house has a basement :wink:

I do, and I'm in missouri. I have a ton of vintage gaming consoles and games from refurbishing foreclosed homes. 

we have a few nice local shops in st. louis.. I would imagine you have at least one in KC.

I dig it. 

The website locator said no locations within 100 miles of my zipcode.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #3,367 of 41,153
Jan 5, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #3,368 of 41,153

Got myself started with the whole headphone deal just recently. Living in a apartment and listening to music during the late hours of the night wasn´t popular with the neighbours using speakers only.
Anyways the setup starts with a Argon Dac (noname stuff with a Wolfson chip) hooked up to the computer via optical, a Littledot MkIII amp with 6H30Pi power tubes and Voshkod 6zh1p-ev driver tubes and to top it off HD650:s with a somewhat cheaper replacement cable (wanted a shorter cable, unfortunatly it´s sleeving makes it a bit stiff).
I apologize for the bad picture quality, i don´t know what happened to my camera, it used to take better pictures.

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #3,369 of 41,153
Here's mine. HP Envy 17 feeding the Audio Lab M-DAC. Amp is Burson HA-160 and headphone is LCD-2.

Jan 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #3,371 of 41,153
Jan 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #3,372 of 41,153
Partial view of my listening station.  My office is very dark and getting good overall pics is difficult.  What you don't see is the computer, chair and a few headphones.

Jan 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #3,373 of 41,153
Partial view of my listening station.  My office is very dark and getting good overall pics is difficult.  What you don't see is the computer, chair and a few headphones.

Nice setup.

Those rings around the tubes, do they serve any purpose other than looks? Weren't those to reduce microphonics? I always wondered whether that actually worked or not.

Jan 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #3,375 of 41,153

Quote:
Quote:

Nice setup.

Those rings around the tubes, do they serve any purpose other than looks? Weren't those to reduce microphonics? I always wondered whether that actually worked or not.

You are exactly right.  Technically they are used to reduce microphonics from vibrations.  I understand that they are usually only meaningful with speaker systems.  But!  I got them purely for the looks 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back