Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 2, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #3,317 of 41,293

Quote:
Quote:
Two new pieces to my rig! The Woo stand and the HD650! I got these from my dad in our late Christmas at his place today. Rocking the HD650's right now.

Can you ask your dad if he wants a new son?
biggrin.gif
Super nice, and the great pic makes me more jealous of the HD650 than i usually am.

Thanks! I'll mention it to him, haha.

Quote:
Quote:

Two new pieces to my rig! The Woo stand and the HD650! I got these from my dad in our late Christmas at his place today. Rocking the HD650's right now.

Two very, very different sounding headphones. Which do you prefer?

I've only had a day with it so far, and I haven't done any A/B tests yet, so I can't say. I'll let you know when I feel like I've got a good grasp on how I feel about the HD650.

Jan 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #3,318 of 41,293
Jan 3, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #3,320 of 41,293

Quote:
What headphones are those?

Quote:
Glad im not the only one asking that. They don't seems to be in his profile unless they are on the list of his previous cans.
Im guessing some vintage ortho's since he seams to be into that sort of thing.

Good guess! It is a Magnat RT-10. You can see the planar magnetic / orthodynamic driver through the grilles. It is amazing what they made back then. It does not have a "vintage" sound, IMHO - it sounds very good.

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #3,322 of 41,293

Blam, nighttime. @Clayton SF  Well they do say music is the best medicine

yesssss. super cool and probably keeps you very relaxed,focused and detraction free from the outside world. i thought about putting christmas lights around my room to help me focus more and allow me to keep my lights and blinds off/closed at all times to help me concentrate more on certain tasks and block me off from the outside world but haven't bothered since i been forcing my body and internal clock to get back on schedule and so forth.

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #3,323 of 41,293
those lights are pretty. i should of done something like that for christmas lol

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #3,325 of 41,293
I know right? And the best part is, is that they provide enough light so im not straining my eyes too much to do anything. But they do heat up my room pretty quick so i don't keep them on a lot.

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #3,327 of 41,293
Here's mine...back in the Woo camp after a long hiatus.  WA6-SE (current production stock), Marantz SA8004, Kimber Hero ICs, HD650 w/Black Dragon (current production) recable.  The glass in the Woo is currently Sylvania skinny-bottle 6DE7 with the Sophia Electric Princess 274b rectifier.  I had a great collection of driver tubes for the Woo from when I've owned one in the past.  I have an EML 5U4G-meshplate to roll in after the first hundred hours.  Mine is a typical head-fi story...started my journey with a WA6-SE, HD650s, and a Cambridge 840C.  Countless amps, sources, 'phones, and $$-spent later, I realized I missed my first love.  I couldn't be happier with this current setup and plan to sit back and enjoy the music.  Cheers. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #3,329 of 41,293
My favorite source I've owned.  Let me see if I can remember them all - 840C, DacMagic, Apollo, Wavelength Brick v.2, Saturn, Rega DAC, MHDT Havana...  I think the SA8004 is a great source for a "typical" head-fier.  You have a good iPod interface, DAC, transport, and "native" SACD capability.  The weak link for me is the USB input, but that is easily remedied with something like a V-link.  My two cents is it's a keeper.   

Quote:
Nice to see another SA8004 around these parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back