Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 20, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #1,426 of 41,103

Quote:
Interesting thread and some beatiful gear out there; they really make my K702 look dull
triportsad.gif
. But what strikes me most is that it seems like a lot of folks need to save some money not on gear but on furniture upgrade or even do some home renovation LOL. I am not trying to insult anybody but I think those beautiful components and headphones deserve to be placed on as nice and beautiful peace of furniture. It may not change their sound but I TRULLY believe it will make your listening experience even more enjoyable.

I'd just like to point out that I especially enjoyed the cinder blocks one.  (not offense is meant at all
beyersmile.png

Jun 21, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #1,427 of 41,103
And the final iteration of my main rig after it has been moved to a shelf next to my bed and all phones recabled with TWag

Jun 21, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #1,429 of 41,103

He's hiding the sexy ones in the back.
Quote:
I don't know why those JBL are in the front row???? They would be the last pair I would use out of this selection
tongue.gif

Jun 21, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #1,433 of 41,103
I've rationed my headphone collection and have reduced it down to a single Audeze LCD-2 and the trusty Sennheiser HD25.
Might have to invest in an Edition 8, plus some active ATC nearfields to clean up the cyrus stack.
But for now, this keeps me very happy.

Jun 22, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #1,435 of 41,103
Those are the JBL Reference 510 noise cancelling phones. Used to own a pair until they broke. Muddy muddy muddy phones but the bass is decent.

Quote:
I don't know why those JBL are in the front row???? They would be the last pair I would use out of this selection
tongue.gif

Jun 22, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #1,436 of 41,103

Jun 22, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #1,437 of 41,103

I know I owned the 410 version and was also Muddy. But at the time I didn't know better so I liked them. My Head-Fi journey started when my JBL 410 cable broked and I was desperated to buy them again because I though they were great. Bought another pair on eBay and while waiting for them to arrived I managed to fix the cable but came across this site from a Google link and my wallet as been flat since. Oh well! I managed to sold the JBL to a coworker and he still like them

Quote:
Those are the JBL Reference 510 noise cancelling phones. Used to own a pair until they broke. Muddy muddy muddy phones but the bass is decent.

Jun 22, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #1,438 of 41,103
Sweet setup!  Is that Sonus Faber Concertino and how does it sound so close to the wall?

Quote:
I've rationed my headphone collection and have reduced it down to a single Audeze LCD-2 and the trusty Sennheiser HD25.
Might have to invest in an Edition 8, plus some active ATC nearfields to clean up the cyrus stack.
But for now, this keeps me very happy.

Jun 22, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #1,439 of 41,103

Ugh I want a pair of those Pro DJ 100s. I've heard they're great...and they look sexy. I just hate that coiled cable. Such a bad decision for those cans. (IMO)
Quote:
Here are some updated pictures, nothing to special.  Just my living room entertainment system and the desk in my bedroom.

Jun 22, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #1,440 of 41,103

Quote:
Sweet setup!  Is that Sonus Faber Concertino and how does it sound so close to the wall?

Hi,
Yes, you are correct, they are Concertinos. Their placement is nowhere near ideal but I do try to bring them out from the wall
for extended listening sessions.
Our new apartment isn't exactly conducive to optimal transducer positioning, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back