Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 25, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #37,922 of 41,400
I take it the 2 cans next to your Focals are the Nectar Sounds? - just going off your sig

What's the story on them? Not familiar with the name.
Small outfit in Georgia (USA). Actually a one man operation called Nectar Sound by a guy named Sanjeev. He does this on the side.

He had a big hit with his first headhone: The Hive electrostatic headphone.

Next up was the Bee planar. It is the one with straight grills in the pic. It is a VERY dark headphone and does not work well with all music, but when it does, it's awesome. Takes some power though.

His newest headphone is a dynamic driver called the Ambrosia. Easy to drive and sounds great with everything.

He kind of reminds me of the Starry Night guy.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #37,923 of 41,400
My headphone collection as of June 25, 2023:
I have the humble but pleasing Koss KPH30i. Both sliders are now broken. The right slider was secured with duct table two years ago; the left slider just broke the other night and needs fixation with duct tape.

If I knew when I unboxed it what I know now, I would've adjusted both sliders to perfection, securely duct-taped each, and away we go.

I have a spare Porta Pro with Yaxi pads. Think I'll bring that into the home office and give it a whirl. The Porta Pro looks rather frail and small, but on the ears, it sounds way better than one could imagine.

(Koss owns the inexpensive mobile headphone market, IMHO)

Jun 25, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #37,924 of 41,400
I have the humble but pleasing Koss KPH30i. Both sliders are now broken. The right slider was secured with duct table two years ago; the left slider just broke the other night and needs fixation with duct tape.

If I knew when I unboxed it what I know now, I would've adjusted both sliders to perfection, securely duct-taped each, and away we go.

I have a spare Porta Pro with Yaxi pads. Think I'll bring that into the home office and give it a whirl. The Porta Pro looks rather frail and small, but on the ears, it sounds way better than one could imagine.

The KPH30i's are an impressive little headphone. I have only used them about twice so far. But, they will be my portable choice going forward. But a hermit rarely leaves his cave, so they won't be getting a lot of use. :smile:

Jun 26, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #37,925 of 41,400
The KPH30i's are an impressive little headphone. I have only used them about twice so far. But, they will be my portable choice going forward. But a hermit rarely leaves his cave, so they won't be getting a lot of use. :smile:
D2ACE3D2-DD97-413F-8B0C-2A8D06802136.jpeg
🤣🤣🤣

Jun 26, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #37,927 of 41,400

I prefer Carta Blanca but Dos Equis is good stuff. A big bowl of the hottest salsa you can find, some home made corn chips- you're golden :)

Jun 26, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #37,929 of 41,400

Consider the kph40. Metal band...

Jun 26, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #37,930 of 41,400
You got the bases covered Shane. Nice collection.
Yes, he does. It's a very well rounded versatile arsenal of HP ammunition at his disposal. 🎧🎼🎧🎼

Jun 26, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #37,931 of 41,400
Yes, he does. It's a very well rounded versatile arsenal of HP ammunition at his disposal. 🎧🎼🎧🎼
Thank you. I Really do enjoy variety. And I have reached a point where not a single one sucks. :smile:

Jun 26, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #37,933 of 41,400
I just realised the colour scheme of Focal Radiance similar to Sennheiser HD660S2
I love black headphones.
I used to think that black was boring and then I got the OG Clear's and realized that ANY light colour is a mistake if you have oily skin or hair. :grin:

Jun 26, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #37,934 of 41,400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back