Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 5, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #31,441 of 41,119
Tell us about them then! And post pictures when you can!
My first real HP was the Grado RS2e that I bought at a local dealer and liked for quite a while. Then I got interested in other stuff, went to other dealers etc. one Day I had the opportunity at a different dealer to hear many different higher end HP (Empyrean, Verite etc) and I fell in love with the Diana V2. For one year I had the V2 with the Felix Euforia and I like it a lot.

Cambridge Audio Edge NQ - Felix Euforia - Abyss Diana V2

PS next to the Grado I also own the Meze 99 classics.
C10671C5-7760-437C-A0DC-30A4DFB2C2F2.jpeg

4F026D42-E892-4A06-9B60-21E187D3EEF8.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #31,443 of 41,119
Volume on the 3XP at 99 and music is playing?
Not quite.. The volume was set low on the RME otherwise my ears wouldn't forgive me. The Burson is a new addition and I'm still figuring out how to run them together best. Right now I'm running the Burson on the headphone power amp on Medium power so I control volume through RME solo now.
Btw, nice set up :beerchug:

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #31,444 of 41,119
Yeah, but I heard the microphone sucks. 🤣🤣
You totally missed the fact he got the upgraded model with windscreen. I have never seen one in Europe!

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #31,445 of 41,119
Not quite.. The volume was set low on the RME otherwise my ears wouldn't forgive me. The Burson is a new addition and I'm still figuring out how to run them together best. Right now I'm running the Burson on the headphone power amp on Medium power so I control volume through RME solo now.
That 3XP on the picture is not in headphone power amp mode. Check the picture I have just shared. You should see that sign on the display and not the volume numbers.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #31,446 of 41,119
Set the RME to fixed output and control volume at the amp.

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #31,447 of 41,119
Set the RME to fixed output and control volume at the amp.
That is an option as well, but the Soloist 3XP has a function called 'headphone power amp mode' when it completely bypasses the volume stage, so the volume can only be controlled on the DAC. For this @jms91 you need to press the menu button for 15 seconds. But make sure you turn the volume down on the RME, otherwise it will be way too loud and can destroy ears/drivers.

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #31,448 of 41,119
That 3XP on the picture is not in headphone power amp mode. Check the picture I have just shared. You should see that sign on the display and not the volume numbers.

Not in the picture no, but it's on the same display as yours now. Was excited to get it all set up! Amazing combo so far and very happy with improvement over running the Empyrean solely through RME.

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #31,449 of 41,119
Not in the picture no, but it's on the same display as yours now. Was excited to get it all set up! Amazing combo so far and very happy with improvement over running the Empyrean solely through RME.
That is great, but doesn't quite explain the picture. :) So on the picture the amp was at max volume and the ADI-2 was not set to 0 (fixed) output level (as it should be in normal mode)?

Feb 5, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #31,450 of 41,119
Nothing new except the Shako beanie and my renewed loved for D2 via D2r. Listening to the Focal Clear OG > HP8 > ADI2 tonight.

IMG_4934.jpeg
Never heard of a Skako beanie.

After 10" of googling, I'm still not sure what it means, beyond the fact that it's some kind of headgear and might tie into a computer game (and you can buy them on Etsy).

Feb 5, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #31,451 of 41,119
Never heard of a Skako beanie.

After 10" of googling, I'm still not sure what it means, beyond the fact that it's some kind of headgear and might tie into a computer game (and you can buy them on Etsy).
You see the + sign after the Shak?

It's Shake, Rattle, and Roll. Just not enough real estate on the hat for the full slogan.

I just realized you only googled ten inches. You should have gone the whole 9 yards :D

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #31,452 of 41,119
Feb 5, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #31,455 of 41,119
IMG_3274.JPG

On the opposite end of the clean spectrum, here's my station which in a rare moment has everything in one spot and cables running amuck 🤣 (mostly because I've been moving the schiit stack back and forth a couple of times this week). The HD600s are the latest addition and will probably be going to the work desk along with all of the other Schiit on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back