Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 16, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #28,546 of 41,119
I will look at your pic when I'm thinking I have a lot of headphones and I'm trying to decide which to use... (I have just 4) :wink:

By the way, I will like to see you when you are looking for the correct cable for the headphones you decided to use :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I like to try new stuff all the time so many of my headphones are more for reference use than actual listening(or so cheap that there is not much to be gained by selling them). For example I rarely use hd800 or hd6xx but they're nice to have around when I try to make sense of some new headphone. Audio-Technica adx5000 gets most use these days. Atticus is fairly new to me also so I listen to that alot too. JVC DX1000 is still in regular rotation after 10 years of ownership. I've listened to all of them atleast once in past three months :)

May 16, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #28,547 of 41,119
I like to try new stuff all the time so many of my headphones are more for reference use than actual listening(or so cheap that there is not much to be gained by selling them). For example I rarely use hd800 or hd6xx but they're nice to have around when I try to make sense of some new headphone. Audio-Technica adx5000 gets most use these days. Atticus is fairly new to me also so I listen to that alot too. JVC DX1000 is still in regular rotation after 10 years of ownership. I've listened to all of them atleast once in past three months :)
Yes, more or less the same happen to me with the HD 800. Like some people in the forum, I have thought a few times to sell them, because I use only in certain moments (when I don't disturb my wife and my children -because of the sound leakage- and they are not playing inside -because you know, they don't isolate at all) and with certain genres. But, I enjoy them a lot in these uncertain circumstances and that's why I keep them.

May 16, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #28,548 of 41,119
Rare flashes of brilliance there Mr Bcowen. Vinyl is alive. Digital is ones and zeros. Now I have restarted an old war.
I lived with vinyl for my first 20+ years. My earliest memories involved Dad loading stacks of albums on the RCA console, (it was a gorgeous bit of kit. About 5 ft. of choice walnut, with a lift up lid for the turntable).

My first major stereo for college in the late '70s, was The Fisher component system. Great equipment for the time.

My practice on buying an album: swipe with a disk washer, record to cassette, catalog album, listen to cassette. I often heard cracks and pops on the virgin cassette recording.

I purchased my first CD player in the early '80s, and I've never looked back. Please God, never make me deal with tempermental vinyl again.

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #28,549 of 41,119
A couple of new additions:

Sennheiser HD 660S and Rotel CD11 Tribute.
5E8CFA5E-F77A-4882-87AE-922DFA6BE59F.jpeg

May 17, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #28,550 of 41,119
Well listening to the Sundara's with the new Dekoni pads for the past few days, the new pads really haven't solved the comfort issues I'm having.

I still get the same discomfort by my right ear, but just to a lesser degree. That and I just can't seem to get these cans to sit on my head comfortably, as I'm literally constantly adjusting them the entire time I'm wearing them.

As much as I love the sound of these headphones, I think I'm going to have to sell them and try something else.

May 18, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #28,552 of 41,119
Well listening to the Sundara's with the new Dekoni pads for the past few days, the new pads really haven't solved the comfort issues I'm having.

I still get the same discomfort by my right ear, but just to a lesser degree. That and I just can't seem to get these cans to sit on my head comfortably, as I'm literally constantly adjusting them the entire time I'm wearing them.

As much as I love the sound of these headphones, I think I'm going to have to sell them and try something else.
I think the best you can do is sell them. When I had comfort issues with Beyer T 1.3, I thought a lot of times what to do, at the end I returned them at border of Thomann returning time (30 days). Sometimes, I miss it's signature with some of my albums, but I have the 1990 Pros that fit me perfectly and, for me, are enjoyable for a wide variety of albums/genres.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #28,553 of 41,119

The sound quality of a headphone, even a top of the line model, is irrelevant if discomfort arises. Why suffer to enjoy great sound? - this is not penance. To paraphrase Duke Ellington: “It don’t mean a thing if it makes your head sting...”

May 18, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #28,554 of 41,119
The sound quality of a headphone, even a top of the line model, is irrelevant if discomfort arises. Why suffer to enjoy great sound? - this is not penance. To paraphrase Duke Ellington: “It don’t mean a thing if it makes your head sting...”
That was one of the main reasons I got rid of the PS2000e.

May 18, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #28,555 of 41,119
My current setup, Naim uniti core > Chord hugo TT2 > Simaudio Moon 430ha > Balanced HD800s, 6.3 Denon D9200

20210410_153232.jpg

May 18, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #28,556 of 41,119
My current setup, Naim uniti core > Chord hugo TT2 > Simaudio Moon 430ha > Balanced HD800s, 6.3 Denon D9200

20210410_153232.jpg
I like the use of “current”: tacit acknowledgment of h/p listening improvement being an eternal quest...

May 18, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #28,557 of 41,119
I like the use of “current”: tacit acknowledgment of h/p listening improvement being an eternal quest...
I agree, just back in the audio game not long ago, use to be a 2ch guy with little portable headfi on the side, but I quit long time ago, just got back in for around 6 months, my system is not yet finished, need to do something about the electricity, thinking about PS audio stella power plant 3, but it wont be soon, cause I've spend too much on the things in the pic already, so after all this is my "current" setup, cause it will be evolved in the near future :)

May 18, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #28,558 of 41,119
I think the best you can do is sell them. When I had comfort issues with Beyer T 1.3, I thought a lot of times what to do, at the end I returned them at border of Thomann returning time (30 days). Sometimes, I miss it's signature with some of my albums, but I have the 1990 Pros that fit me perfectly and, for me, are enjoyable for a wide variety of albums/genres.

I agree. No point in being constantly uncomfortable which in turn makes you not enjoy listening. Sadly, that's where I'm at currently, which is a true shame as these Sundara's DO sound really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back