Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 12, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #21,541 of 41,291
Nice old equipment.
Got some old Sansui's but not that nice.

Jan 12, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #21,543 of 41,291

Schiit Freya arrived! Home theater and 2-channel setup. I use the Parasound amp with the receiver and the Marantz amp with Freya.

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #21,548 of 41,291

Very nice! Is there a difference between the two D5000s? Don't think I've ever seen a glossy one

The glossier 5k you see is an older 5k that had some very fine scratches/ little scuffs etc, and the result of tedious, delicate, and careful buffing, to get all the imperfections out. Or nearly all, anyway.

I used this Micron polishing paper of various grades, as it is SO delicate, you wonder if it's actually doing anything.

After going through various grades of the paper I then use Meguiars Ultimate compound to pull out the polishing papers removal of the fine scratches and imperfections; and then Meguiars Ultimate polish, to make it somewhat wet and flawless.

And guess what...No fingerprints even though it looks wet! You would have to see it in person to see how pretty it turned out to be. I'm getting ready to do the Level 1 Lawton mod to it, as it just came in the mail. So polished up, tuned up, should be better than new all the way around! I shall see. 

Left cup is buffed set, Right is new set (both pics)

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #21,551 of 41,291
Here's my current setup, haven't bought a dedicated DAC or headphone amplifier yet, but all the gear below the headphones cost less than $50 all together so I can't complain too much.
The Nakamichi sounds great though, best $5 I ever spent. I also use the Yamaha to drive the NHT bookshelves I have on my desk.

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #21,554 of 41,291

Going to order the Woo WA7 2nd Gen and WA7tp at the end of the month.

That will be a great look in your setup there - the contrast of the nice wood desk, industrial headphone stand, and the WA7 will be sleek as hell. Definitely post pictures once received!

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #21,555 of 41,291
  they are headphone not pokemons.. no need to catch them all ...  j/k nice collection.

last night.. listening to my modded (cable) mdr-v6's

I could say the same thing about that large rack of black components you have on the left there, but I don't know anything about Pokemons...hahaha. So, what exactly is in that rack? And is that a Darkvoice I see on the desk? If so, whats your thoughts on it? All my cans are low impedance, but there is such a good sale on massdrop for the Darkforce right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back