Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 3, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #21,377 of 41,119
  It's been a wild ride since moving into a new space, but I finally have something that works in my room.  I realize I've left out the most important components for pictures on head-fi...the HEADPHONES.  Rest assured, my trusty HD600 and HD650 are pulling duty out of the Mjolnir 2 using a Cardas balanced cable.  

The Focal Solo6 Be in this setup is as close as I've ever gotten to headphone listening using speakers.  The room was very acoustically problematic and using the monitors in the nearfield not only solved the room issues, but surprised me with some of the most relaxed, musical, and engaging sound I've ever experienced.  Not pictured is the huge row of IKEA Kallax shelving for the rest of the LP collection.

I just finished some custom speaker stands for the Focal monitors.  As much as I loved the sound of the speakers, the look was just too sterile.  The wood stands help warm things up a bit.   

Source:
Linn Sondek LP12 w/Adikt 
Custom Bottlehead Eros with NOS Telefunken EF806s
Cambridge CXC transport
Schiit Gungnir Multibit

Preamp/Headphone amp:
Schiit Mjolnir 2 with NOS Telefunken E88CC

Headphones:
HD600
HD650 w/Cardas balanced cable

Do you have an issue with CXC and Gumby? I heard the comment that Gumby would have clicking sounds when you change songs and even erase the first couple of seconds of a song on CXC. 
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks a lot.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #21,378 of 41,119
Yes, I absolutely had that issue with the CXC and Gumby...which is why neither are with me any longer :)  I loved the sound, but hated that I couldn't change tracks or fast-forward without the Gumby going berserk.  I understand the technical issues involved, but wasn't willing to tolerate them.  

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #21,379 of 41,119
  Yes, I absolutely had that issue with the CXC and Gumby...which is why neither are with me any longer :)  I loved the sound, but hated that I couldn't change tracks or fast-forward without the Gumby going berserk.  I understand the technical issues involved, but wasn't willing to tolerate them.  

I am looking for a DAC for CXC around $1000. Do you have any suggestions? Currently I am looking at Woo WDS-1 or Cambridge Audio 851D/C.  (I use Woo WA22 and HD800s)

Thank you very much!

Oct 6, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #21,383 of 41,119
@jjacq

Love your setup too, I have a little bit smaller edition from yours.
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #21,384 of 41,119
Not headphones but I upgraded my theater sound stage.  

Montior Audio Platinum 
basshead.gif

PL350C Center
PL200 Towers
Seaton Submerssive HP+ (Subwoofer (had this already))

Umm...simply epic sounding! 
k701smile.gif

I removed some of the blackout material in back temporarily to let some light into the room.  Here they are in daylight.

Lights out!  SHOWTIME!!!

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #21,388 of 41,119

The Office Rig: MacBook Pro + Audirvana+ → iFi USB 3.0 Nano → Sony PHA-3 → Sony MDR-Z7 w/ Kimber Balanced Cables.

The iFi works well because I can use the second USB port (power only) to provide continuous, clean 5v charging to the PHA-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back