Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 23, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #21,407 of 41,119
Oct 23, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #21,408 of 41,119
Did you also try the Aeron chair? I'm thinking about buying one of them.

I bought one 20 years ago and am sitting in it right now. I swear, this chair shows no signs of age or decrease in comfort.

Make sure you get the "step-up" model with additional adjustments. Best purchase I've ever made.

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #21,410 of 41,119
  I wish A-gd would still make the Precision-1. Have you tried other amps? How does it hold up? Not like actually matters since they can't be bought anymore. Just curious.

Yeah it kind of sucks because the Precison 1 is a really nice amp for the price! The LS50's (for my particular setup where I am just running them nearfield at my computer desk) don't really need a whole lot of juice to sing. That's why I figured I would just go with something nice and compact like the Precision 1, rather than having a hulking power amp sitting around where I wouldn't even be using the full power of it. The Precision 1 drives the LS50 with plenty of quality power. 

Unfortunately I haven't really tried the Precision 1 against any other amps from different brands. When I first got the LS50's, I already had a Audio-gd M11 and so I decided to just stick with the Audio-gd line for my speaker amp as well. I have the M11 outputting into the Precision 1 using Audio-gd's ACSS hook-ups and it sounds great. Just like Audio-gd describes it, Precision 1 works best with a quality source and that is all you are going to hear. So it is a nice, neutral amp that will allow you to hear your source without coloring the sound in any way.

Did you also try the Aeron chair? I'm thinking about buying one of them.

Have not tried the Aeron myself but have heard good things about it.

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #21,411 of 41,119
  Have not tried the Aeron myself but have heard good things about it.

Yea the Aeron is definitely good too, I prefer the Embody personally as it fits my back better but many respectable businesses I have worked with have Aerons in their meeting rooms and offices - the build quality is identical really, it just depends on your body shape etc. @Youth if you can try them both out you definitely should.

Nov 3, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #21,416 of 41,119
  Nice, how's the Amiron?

I'm loving it with the Bakoon HPA-01M, great headphone just like the T90 but more civilized 
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #21,417 of 41,119

I'm loving it with the Bakoon HPA-01M, great headphone just like the T90 but more civilized 
biggrin.gif

Ah, I ended up getting the DT 1990 right before the Amiron was announced, very happy with it, but wish it had dual entry cables. I'm curious how the two compare sound wise. Would you say the Amiron is on the brighter, neutral, or darker side?

Nov 3, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #21,418 of 41,119
  Ah, I ended up getting the DT 1990 right before the Amiron was announced, very happy with it, but wish it had dual entry cables. I'm curious how the two compare sound wise. Would you say the Amiron is on the brighter, neutral, or darker side?

compared to the 1990 it is more neutral and a little brighter, yes, but the amp has a big impact on its sound

Nov 4, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #21,419 of 41,119
Decided to bring my semi-desktop Bass-station to work.  Built me a rack mount for mostly the Parasound hardware. Used a laptop stand and 6 space rackmount brackets. The Parasound Preamp has been socketed and a Muses02 resides in there.  The Parasound V3 amp powers any headphone, with my variable resistor box that is hooked up to the speaker outputs on the amp.  Using both software and hardware EQ.  EQ is an old school Alpine car EQ that has the BBE enhancement when needed.  This setup even make the Hifiman 400i rumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back