Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 30, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #20,972 of 41,120

No. I need two BDP-103D's. One for region code Zone A and the other for region code Zone B.

If I got rid of one I would have trouble playing half of this:

I am very near 1900 blu-rays.

Epic setup. Of course, if you started ripping your optical plastic, you could forget about the entire region issue, as well as needing shelf space for discs and cases. Not that I am advocating anything like that myself, but your movie collection could like this:

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #20,973 of 41,120

Epic setup. Of course, if you started ripping your optical plastic, you could forget about the entire region issue, as well as needing shelf space for discs and cases. Not that I am advocating anything like that myself, but your movie collection could like this:

Agreed. I'm still holding on to the old school thought of having physical media. I do it for music as well.

I have entertained that using a server thought for years. One day I might put in the effort.

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #20,974 of 41,120

Agreed. I'm still holding on to the old school thought of having physical media. I do it for music as well.

I have entertained that using a server thought for years. One day I might put in the effort.

Funny... for movies, I am all in on hard drives. For music, I've regressed back to vinyl and tubes and having a really great time. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #20,975 of 41,120
  Funny... for movies, I am all in on hard drives. For music, I've regressed back to vinyl and tubes and having a really great time. 
beerchug.gif

I have a fairly hardcore home theater seen here:

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Badas

I have a few reservations about servers. The main one is fan noise. All my equipment is dead silent. Picked partly for their lack of noise. You can hear a pin drop in the room it is that quiet. So a server will have to go outside of the room. Not impossible. But just makes it a bit more difficult and will require concentrated effort (things like control from inside the HT).
wink.gif
At the moment I'm truly impressed with what I have so there is little motivation to change.

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #20,978 of 41,120
Mar 31, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #20,980 of 41,120
^

Thx. Very nice. I bet it sounds great.
I would enjoy that on lazy rainy days.

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #20,982 of 41,120
Renovation finished...at least for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back