Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 20, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #20,943 of 41,136
My endgame (for now)

is this the Soloist SL MK II Sir? How does it pair with the IFI iDAC or the iDSD?

Thank you. :)
yes its the sl mk2. It pairs nicely with the idsd micro. The internal amp of the idsd is more powerful, but the class A design of the burson is better. I think iDSD should be used only as a dac if possible. But i like the convenience of an internal amp when travelling

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #20,944 of 41,136
yes its the sl mk2. It pairs nicely with the idsd micro. The internal amp of the idsd is more powerful, but the class A design of the burson is better. I think iDSD should be used only as a dac if possible. But i like the convenience of an internal amp when travelling

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

This is a great setup! 

and I agree.  the iDSD direct as a DAC going into an amp compares with the best of them, even those 3x the price.

Mar 20, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #20,946 of 41,136
I've posted my setup before, so I'm posting my friend's setup instead.....just for the hell of it!
beerchug.gif

How is this HeadFi related? Well, do note the Sennheiser Momentum BT just aound the middle of the left speaker.....
tongue.gif
 My friend is NOT a fan of cans though, he says the sound 'floats around in your head' and lack the space and soundstage of what a good pair of speakers can do, And after listening to his setup for a couple of hours, I'd have to agree.....was never a fan of Cat Stevens, but man, when he played 'Father and Son', I was blown away, I became an instant fan of that song. BTW, we'd listened to a number of songs in a number of formats (DSD64, FLAC, WAV) and it was quite an experience.

Mar 21, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #20,947 of 41,136
Nice rig, but is it 100% safe to stack something upon Master 9? I heard it runs pretty hot. 

Correct. I don't have it stacked up like this when I'm actually listening to it because I do have a component rack for it. The gmb is on the second floor.

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #20,949 of 41,136
  I've posted my setup before, so I'm posting my friend's setup instead.....just for the hell of it!
beerchug.gif

How is this HeadFi related? Well, do note the Sennheiser Momentum BT just aound the middle of the left speaker.....
tongue.gif
 My friend is NOT a fan of cans though, he says the sound 'floats around in your head' and lack the space and soundstage of what a good pair of speakers can do, And after listening to his setup for a couple of hours, I'd have to agree.....was never a fan of Cat Stevens, but man, when he played 'Father and Son', I was blown away, I became an instant fan of that song. BTW, we'd listened to a number of songs in a number of formats (DSD64, FLAC, WAV) and it was quite an experience.

mate how you cant agree? those speakers (from what i heard) are AMAZING, and against Sennheiser momentum? lol

Mar 21, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #20,950 of 41,136
I've posted my setup before, so I'm posting my friend's setup instead.....just for the hell of it!:beerchug:

How is this HeadFi related? Well, do note the Sennheiser Momentum BT just aound the middle of the left speaker.....:p  My friend is NOT a fan of cans though, he says the sound 'floats around in your head' and lack the space and soundstage of what a good pair of speakers can do, And after listening to his setup for a couple of hours, I'd have to agree.....was never a fan of Cat Stevens, but man, when he played 'Father and Son', I was blown away, I became an instant fan of that song. BTW, we'd listened to a number of songs in a number of formats (DSD64, FLAC, WAV) and it was quite an experience.

I was going to post a pic my friends system, but even better, pics of my friends themselves.

Mar 23, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #20,955 of 41,136

My temporary "break in Yggy" system. Ordering Ragg today, Sounds really good even though I switched out the nTelfunken 6922 CCAs  for Amprex 7308s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back