Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 18, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #20,927 of 41,053
Hey Clayton, what turntable is that?

Mar 19, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #20,931 of 41,053
How is the nuforce udac 3? I loved mine but had to send it back as it was literally stopping all functionality on my pc for sound and videos. What OS are you using?

For the money, it's great. I'm using Windows 10 and it plays nicely. I don't ASIO or anything fancy like that. I just plugged it in and started using it with the windows generic sound driver. I used it with a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-800 600 ohm cans for years and it produced a very nice SQ. I was using it as the DAC and amp for that setup. 

I do feel that I could get more out of the HE-560s with a better DAC so I joined the Gustard DAC-X12 drop on massdrop. Hopefully that brings better dynamics and detail to the setup.

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #20,932 of 41,053
For the money, it's great. I'm using Windows 10 and it plays nicely. I don't ASIO or anything fancy like that. I just plugged it in and started using it with the windows generic sound driver. I used it with a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-800 600 ohm cans for years and it produced a very nice SQ. I was using it as the DAC and amp for that setup. 

I do feel that I could get more out of the HE-560s with a better DAC so I joined the Gustard DAC-X12 drop on massdrop. Hopefully that brings better dynamics and detail to the setup.

Well im glad yours is working out fine for you. I had the 2 version and used it for my stereo until one of the channels on the output crapped out. The headphone output still works. I don't feel the headphone output is as good as the rca output for a stereo though.

I tried everything with the 3 version and kept running into issues. Now I'm back to using a Geek Out 450 on the main rig.

Mar 19, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #20,934 of 41,053
  My theater & listening area.  Please excuse the Can't Buy Me Love poster, my wife's choice!

its not like we don't like speakers here
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #20,935 of 41,053
  My theater & listening area.  Please excuse the Can't Buy Me Love poster, my wife's choice!

Is that a PM3 in the picture? If it is, what are your thoughts on it compared to the Audeze?

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #20,936 of 41,053
  Is that a PM3 in the picture? If it is, what are your thoughts on it compared to the Audeze?

I like the sound of the PM3 but I love the sound of the Audeze.  To my ears the Audeze has just the right amount of treble and tighter bass.  The PM3 could do with a little more treble to make it a bit more exciting.  I use the PM3s when I need a closed back option or as a portable set.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #20,937 of 41,053
  I like the sound of the PM3 but I love the sound of the Audeze.  To my ears the Audeze has just the right amount of treble and tighter bass.  The PM3 could do with a little more treble to make it a bit more exciting.  I use the PM3s when I need a closed back option or as a portable set.

Cool,

Good to know. I am a PM3 fan, have never heard any of the big guys though, so just curious.

Thanks

Mar 20, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #20,939 of 41,053

Users who are viewing this thread

Back