Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 20, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #20,791 of 41,071
  Hi guys, my current setup:  HD800 + WA2.  WA2 does double duty as preamp into a pair of emo class A mono's that drive a pair of Paradigm Studios. The pair of SB13 Ultra's added more slam. I am so far happy with the setup - but unfortunately not the wife!!

That must absolutely thump!! How close to the walls are those studios? Looks you've treated the room and toe'd them in. Would be a shame if reflection was killing it

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #20,792 of 41,071

Temporily setup- AV room under construction:grin:

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #20,793 of 41,071
  Hi guys, my current setup:  HD800 + WA2.  WA2 does double duty as preamp into a pair of emo class A mono's that drive a pair of Paradigm Studios. The pair of SB13 Ultra's added more slam. I am so far happy with the setup - but unfortunately not the wife!!

you are ready for drum and bass music
tongue.gif

Feb 20, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #20,794 of 41,071

Great looking setup!! May I ask where you sourced the damping material for the walls?

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #20,795 of 41,071

Just gorgeous.  Nice headphones, nice speakers, nice gaming rig.  Fantastic!

Feb 20, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #20,798 of 41,071

That must absolutely thump!! How close to the walls are those studios? Looks you've treated the room and toe'd them in. Would be a shame if reflection was killing it

The wife calls it "earthquake".  That's why I ended up getting a pair of cans to placate the wife - so she can have some moments of peace and quiet, of course without sacrificing my quality listening time. 

Speakers are about a foot and a half from the walls.  Not ideal but its a compromise I had to make given the size of the room and the need for it to double as a study - wife's directive (I was not getting a second room for my study).  The treatment and carpet helped a lot flattening the frequency and minimizing flutter echo.  Treated the first and second reflection points from the listening position.  Just added more pads for aesthetics but just enough so I still get enough reflection to get a good sound stage.  We initially treated the ceiling too but took it out coz the sound stage started to narrow - didn't like the effect of the cloud and the bass traps on the sound stage given the size of the room. By the way... the wife didn't like the pads at all...she said they look like doormats on the wall!!

I have a sound engineer friend who did the room calibration.  We were getting a bump in the 50+hz range but thankfully the SB13's PEq flattened it out.  The toe in helped a lot - angled equilaterally from the listening position.  That's when I discovered what I did not realize I was missing all this time - the "sweet spot".  The imaging was in a different level.  The instruments in some songs appear to be floating in front of you.

listening position!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back