Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 3, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #16,951 of 41,112
For me, when using the A2 RCA input as output to my sub, it is noticeable more quiet than my sub RCA out to A2 input. 

I don't have that issue...hmm. my sub does have its own volume control though. I think it works great!

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #16,952 of 41,112
welp, with the addition of the Schiit Modi and an old host laptop, the bedroom rig is done! I have access to all of my music in ANY format and have it sound good
smily_headphones1.gif

Tell me more about the TR6 pictures and the Army Aviation shadowbox please...
The TR6 pictures are of my grandparents old cars, they were in some county club or whatever with those cars.
The air force shadow box is my great grandfather's, he was a navigator on a bomber over Normandy. Plane was shot down and he survived, was captured as a POW, ended up escaping and ended up with three purple hearts on the way for various things. That's the short story. I need to get my grandfather's US army pins in a box, he was a marksman in the Vietnam war.

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #16,953 of 41,112
Seem to be missing all the tape formats, Jeff. Try again :wink:
Sorry about that, only do disc based systems :wink: my girlfriends name is Cosette, is that close enough?

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #16,954 of 41,112
The TR6 pictures are of my grandparents old cars, they were in some county club or whatever with those cars.
The air force shadow box is my great grandfather's, he was a navigator on a bomber over Normandy. Plane was shot down and he survived, was captured as a POW, ended up escaping and ended up with three purple hearts on the way for various things. That's the short story. I need to get my grandfather's US army pins in a box, he was a marksman in the Vietnam war.

Thanks for sharing that story. It was hard to tell what kind of wings were in the shadowbox.

You have a lot of great history there, its nice to see it being maintained!

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #16,956 of 41,112

Thanks for sharing that story. It was hard to tell what kind of wings were in the shadowbox.

You have a lot of great history there, its nice to see it being maintained!

Hey, no problem! Thanks, I'll post pictures of the unframed medals later if you'd like.

welp, with the addition of the Schiit Modi and an old host laptop, the bedroom rig is done! I have access to all of my music in ANY format and have it sound good :)

Now that's a nice looking Modi!!!  :wink: :dt880smile:
haha yeah it is, thanks again! Sounds really nice in my system.

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #16,958 of 41,112
Hey, no problem! Thanks, I'll post pictures of the unframed medals later if you'd like.

I am a former Army pilot. Yes, I would like to see them!  :D
okay awesome! And now to keep the thread and topic and because it seems my phone is uploading correctly, here's my ultra high end super ridiculous portable rig sure to make even the most grizzled head-fier jealous. AGGGH WON'T UPLOAD

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #16,959 of 41,112
It is. I went with the Acryl-It platter, Puck-It clamp, a 2M Blue stylus, and their SpeedBox 2 and Phono V USB preamp. It's my first turntable and I'm a happy camper. That said, a VPI Traveler might be in my future sometime in the next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice! That's very close to what I was looking to do as well. I bet it sounds awesome coming out of your setup! I've heard great things about those KEF ls50's

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #16,961 of 41,112
  gained over 12 pounds in a week, "new shoes", the conductor !

Which one do you prefer for the HD800? The Conductor or V200?

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #16,962 of 41,112
got it this evening, i'll post some impressions in a few days

different beasts, both very pleasant

first thing i noted is how much warming the conductor up affects its performance, the violectric too but it needs like 10 min and it's ready to go, while the conductor really need a good half hour to warm up evenly

i guess it's because of the difference in size and in the violectric only the power stage is discrete while the conductor has no opamp or ic at all

Feb 4, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #16,963 of 41,112
That cable at such a sharp angle is hurting my heart 
tongue.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #16,964 of 41,112
he, he,

don't worry all the weight is on the shelf, it's important not to excessively bent the cable where it enters the plug

i'll add another observation to my previous impressions, and that is, both the conductor and the violectric combo, are 1st class music instruments, can't go wrong with either, but it's awesome to have both

however there's is still space on the shelf that needs to be filled, with some glowing incandescent tubes perhaps 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #16,965 of 41,112
  he, he,

don't worry all the weight is on the shelf, it's important not to excessively bent the cable where it enters the plug

i'll add another observation to my previous impressions, and that is, both the conductor and the violectric combo, are 1st class music instruments, can't go wrong with either, but it's awesome to have both

however there's is still space on the shelf that needs to be filled, with some glowing incandescent tubes perhaps 
tongue_smile.gif

If I may, WOO-HOO!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back