Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #16,726 of 41,119

Nice setup!  This looks so cozy.  Perfect for an evening listen.

It's quite different for me. I'm so used to listening to headphones while reclining on my couch. The problem there was that I'd fall asleep so easily while reclining on the couch. I'd listen to a song or two on an album and next thing I know it's an hour or two later, the music has stopped and I'm just waking back up. So instead of a couchside setup I wanted to try a desk setup with an office chair. Right now it seems very strange, but I think I'll get used to it. I definitely like the idea, and it seems to be the way most head fiers have their headphone rig setup. I've never seen anybody else on here with their setup on an end table next to a couch. 

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #16,727 of 41,119
  It's quite different for me. I'm so used to listening to headphones while reclining on my couch. The problem there was that I'd fall asleep so easily while reclining on the couch. I'd listen to a song or two on an album and next thing I know it's an hour or two later, the music has stopped and I'm just waking back up. So instead of a couchside setup I wanted to try a desk setup with an office chair. Right now it seems very strange, but I think I'll get used to it. I definitely like the idea, and it seems to be the way most head fiers have their headphone rig setup. I've never seen anybody else on here with their setup on an end table next to a couch. 

I would much prefer the end-table set up as my desk chair isn't all that comfy and with my computer there I'm always distracted by things, like this site. All my music is on my computer and my DAC is USB, so I need to be near the computer. I'd love to get a recliner near the computer. My non-computer set-ups are my Ipod + Fiio E11 and my A/V System.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #16,728 of 41,119

I would much prefer the end-table set up as my desk chair isn't all that comfy and with my computer there I'm always distracted by things, like this site. All my music is on my computer and my DAC is USB, so I need to be near the computer. I'd love to get a recliner near the computer. My non-computer set-ups are my Ipod + Fiio E11 and my A/V System.

Well, my body was distracted by being to comfortable on the couch. It was so comfortable I'd fall asleep when I really wanted to stay awake and listen to music. The chair I got seems pretty comfortable though, but doesn't recline like the couch does. It was a $170 chair on sale for $99. So it isn't crazy expensive, but it wasn't super cheap either. 

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #16,729 of 41,119

I have my WA6- 325is/RS1i's next to my recliner for when I want relax and really enjoy the music (without falling asleep). At my desktop I have the Magni/Modi combo- 80i's for while I'm on the computer, but I find myself not listening as much because I'm involved with what I'm doing on the computer.

Jan 24, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #16,730 of 41,119
My rig is beside the couch in my cave.  I feed my main stereo with the Uberfrost along with my Lyr.  It allows for head-fi and full-fi.  I've been known to fall asleep in head-fi mode.  
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #16,731 of 41,119
I often fall asleep in head-fi mode... Or nearly fall asleep, then I turn my gear off and go to bed :wink: its easy to fall asleep with the soothing sound of the Final Audio Design Piano Forte X-G :D

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #16,732 of 41,119
Yep, last night, had the La-Z-Boy chair propped up, legs extended...snoozefest, while watching the Aussie Open and listening to some tunes. :D

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #16,736 of 41,119
A few updates to my system, computer is in the progress of incremental upgrades such as a new monitor and keyboard, still need to get a new mouse. Also a new headphone to add to the mix(HD 380 Pro), only showing the three headphones I use the most, not sure what to do with my other headphones. Wish I had a roomier and nicer desk, but it's a dorm supplied desk.

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #16,738 of 41,119
Mine!

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #16,739 of 41,119
Jan 24, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #16,740 of 41,119

Hello there fellow Surface (Pro?) user 
biggrin.gif

Haha it makes a great portable source! Just a good all-rounder tablet, wish I had the Pro2 with that better battery life though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back