Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 21, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #16,666 of 41,119

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #16,670 of 41,119
  That bottom shelf is just crying out for a vintage receiver :wink:

i might have made the bottom shelf a bit too large

Impossible to be too large. LB1 is suggesting a MONSTER vintage receiver! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #16,671 of 41,119
  So, my 3 year old daughter, after listening to headphones with daddy, said she wants a headphone amp for her birthday :)
This is the only place in the world that would appreciate such a statement

And by the time she turns 5 she's going to want her own vinyl rig
rolleyes.gif

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #16,672 of 41,119
  So, my 3 year old daughter, after listening to headphones with daddy, said she wants a headphone amp for her birthday :)
This is the only place in the world that would appreciate such a statement

A typical case to produce a spoil child.Not sure what will be her 16 year old presents~
Hopefully you won't end up buying her a Ferrari  because it will be a more affordable alternative.

I think my kid will just be happy to inherited my current gear.

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #16,673 of 41,119

Taken at the recent Austin meet.  6 years old and digging Bill Evans on vinyl.

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #16,675 of 41,119

That looks like the Morbid Toaster's rig...Did he let the young enthusiast touch anything? :eek:  

Yep that's MorbidToasters alright :D he let me play with it at the last Dallas meet.

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #16,676 of 41,119

That looks like the Morbid Toaster's rig...Did he let the young enthusiast touch anything?
eek.gif

I didn't see anybody touching it.  The boy belongs to Patrick of Nice Cans Austin.  Patrick complained that now his son wants a vinyl rig.

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #16,677 of 41,119

A typical case to produce a spoil child.Not sure what will be her 16 year old presents~
Hopefully you won't end up buying her a Ferrari  because it will be a more affordable alternative.

I think my kid will just be happy to inherited my current gear.

You assume I would actually buy her an amp, which I would not. She doesn't have any understanding of what it does, she just sees that daddy has one and therefore it must be a good thing. She prefers to listen to her $10 headphones over my HE-500s becuase her HPs are pink. I don't make nearly enough to spoil a child. I only posted becuase I found the comment cute, and, as I said, this is the only place anyone would understand.

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #16,678 of 41,119
Quote:
  That looks like the Morbid Toaster's rig...Did he let the young enthusiast touch anything?
eek.gif

I was about to say the same thing, ha. Regardless, this is nice to see. :)

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #16,679 of 41,119

You assume I would actually buy her an amp, which I would not. She doesn't have any understanding of what it does, she just sees that daddy has one and therefore it must be a good thing. She prefers to listen to her $10 headphones over my HE-500s becuase her HPs are pink. I don't make nearly enough to spoil a child. I only posted becuase I found the comment cute, and, as I said, this is the only place anyone would understand.

Just chill man~
I am just kidding.
I think everyone wants to become a parent that can actually spoil their children. Weather or not they decide to do so,  is another story.

P.S.
The frequency response of a child is much wider than an adult. You should make your music life worth a while. But, HE-500 is too much for kids, way too heavy and uncomfortable. Try toss her some nice look ATH phones~

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #16,680 of 41,119
Spray paint your HE-500 paint @@ 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back