Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #14,747 of 41,224
Quote:

thumbsup.gif

Perhaps, some additional comments from you still to come... 
popcorn.gif

... I have absolutely NO idea what my '009' is going to sound like.

Will do, not much time today. Cleaning up after our 10 week kitchen renovation mostly. But so far I am very impressed!

I think you'll love the SR-009s! About 9 months in and they still never cease to amaze me.

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #14,748 of 41,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Will do, not much time today. Cleaning up after our 10 week kitchen renovation mostly. But so far I am very impressed!

I think you'll love the SR-009s! About 9 months in and they still never cease to amaze me

When the Stax & WEE arrive mid-September, I may not have my audio rig put together yet. In this case, I'll likely just take 'em to the studio for a listen. Or drop by an LA area head-fier's and plug-in. 

I have all of my pieces but I'm still in between residences. And boxes... 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #14,749 of 41,224
Quote:

When the Stax & WEE arrive mid-September, I may not have my audio rig put together yet. In this case, I'll likely just take 'em to the studio for a listen. Or drop by an LA area head-fier's and plug-in. 

I have all of my pieces but I'm still in between residences. And boxes... 
rolleyes.gif

Cool...keep us posted on what you think. 

Aug 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #14,750 of 41,224
Swapping gear around a bit. I took my Goldpoint amp home, and brought my Millett Hybrid MiniMAX to work. (The glow from the LEDs make it kind of annoying at night in the bedroom, which is typically when I do a lot of listening.) I'm currently running a Grub cable DAC to the Millett, to my Denon AH-D5000 headphones. This is my desk rig, on my lab bench I have a Mini^3, with my iPod and Denon AH-D1001 headphones.

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #14,751 of 41,224
Quote:
Swapping gear around a bit. I took my Goldpoint amp home, and brought my Millett Hybrid MiniMAX to work. (The glow from the LEDs make it kind of annoying at night in the bedroom, which is typically when I do a lot of listening.) I'm currently running a Grub cable DAC to the Millett, to my Denon AH-D5000 headphones. This is my desk rig, on my lab bench I have a Mini^3, with my iPod and Denon AH-D1001 headphones.

Beautiful! How much did it cost to build your Millet?

Aug 19, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #14,755 of 41,224
Quote:
Some recent changes.

lyr or asgard 2 ?
aren't we looking at an asgard 2, but your signature says lyr ?
i ask because i'll have a lyr one day this week, may be overkill for my grado's, but i love tubes

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #14,757 of 41,224
Here's mine - I listen from my PC

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #14,758 of 41,224
Quote:
The lyr is sold. Just havent changed my Sig.

a couple of months back, i almost got the asgard 2, but a little dot i+ presented itself to me,
found the lyr on the sale thread , decent price, so i took a chance
hope you don't mind me asking, but what made you want to make the change ?

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #14,759 of 41,224
I'm into vintage receivers to drive hp's now. They offer the ability to drive orthos and hard to drive hp's with power and finese often at pennies on the dollar for what you'll pay for today's desktop amps. Of course there are drawbacks. They are often the size and weight of a mini fridge...well, not quite but close. There is no warranty so there can often be some DIY involved. But even at the purchase price plus plus a full restoration you can come out less than a lyr with nice tubes. 

Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I think that the 70 vintage look is just sweet. 
size]

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #14,760 of 41,224
Yeah, vintage receivers seem quite nice. The only problem I notice is that the output impedance is usually quite high, around 50 ohms or so, so they won't work very well with headphones like Grados and the Amperior almost as a rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back