Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 14, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #9,571 of 41,141
My new couch-side headphone station. Laptop -> E17 -> Q701. 

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #9,572 of 41,141
I think it is incredible how you guys are so young, yet seem to have been on head-fi for so long, judging by your post count, I am 16, and I know of no one at my school who has nice headphones, except for a person who i had encouraged to by m-50's after he sold his beats pros.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #9,574 of 41,141
Agreed, and a couch or a recliner will usually be more comfortable than a desk chair. 
Quote:
[size=10pt]i'm shocked that some many people's listening stations are in front of computers. I find a computer screen distracts me from the whole art of listening.[/size]

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #9,575 of 41,141
[size=small]The liner notes for Gil Scott-Herons last album included these words on [size=12pt]listening [/size]to music - [/size]

[size=small]"for the first time under optimum conditions. Not in your car or on a portable player through a headset...Get rid of all distractions (even her or him)...Turn off everything that rings or beeps or rattles or whistles...Listen all the way through. Think about what you’ve got."[/size][size=small][size=10pt][/size][/size]

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #9,576 of 41,141
I like that.
Quote:
[size=small]The liner notes for Gil Scott-Herons last album included these words on [size=12pt]listening [/size]to music - [/size]

[size=small]"for the first time under optimum conditions. Not in your car or on a portable player through a headset...Get rid of all distractions (even her or him)...Turn off everything that rings or beeps or rattles or whistles...Listen all the way through. Think about what you’ve got."[/size][size=small][size=10pt][/size][/size]

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #9,577 of 41,141
[size=medium][size=13.5pt][size=13.5pt]Hmmm, I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of those forum users who have their systems setup in front of computers. [/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=13.5pt] [/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=13.5pt][size=13.5pt]I’ve noticed over the last few years, especially since buying an iphone that I don’t listen to music properly anymore. On my iphone or computer I might have +$300 headphones on but I’m really not listening, I’m to busy swiping and left-clicking. [/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=13.5pt][size=13.5pt]I have more of a traditional listening station setup. My gear faces a wall in the living room and fortunately we don’t have a TV or computer in that room. If there was one I’m thinking that I might miss that opportunity of getting lost-in-the-music.[/size][/size][/size]

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #9,578 of 41,141
Quote:
[size=medium][size=13.5pt][size=13.5pt]Hmmm, I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of those forum users who have their systems setup in front of computers. [/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=13.5pt][size=13.5pt]I’ve noticed over the last few years, especially since buying an iphone that I don’t listen to music properly anymore. On my iphone or computer I might have +$300 headphones on but I’m really not listening, I’m to busy swiping and left-clicking. [/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=13.5pt][size=13.5pt]I have more of a traditional listening station setup. My gear faces a wall in the living room and fortunately we don’t have a TV or computer in that room. If there was one I’m thinking that I might miss that opportunity of getting lost-in-the-music.[/size][/size][/size]

I think it really boils down to what kind of listener you are. There are those who go flipping through songs in between each play and 
then some who sit down and listen to albums all the way through. 

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #9,579 of 41,141
Quote:
Agreed, and a couch or a recliner will usually be more comfortable than a desk chair. 

idk about you, but a lot of us are limited. I live in a college apartment. my desk is where I live, so it's the only place any listening can get done. (I also don't have room for excess furniture)

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #9,580 of 41,141
[size=10pt][size=medium][size=small]true - i find myself that technology is making me more of the former - jumping between tracks. worse still is when i find myself not even listening to the full track thanks to mp3 players and their time scroll bar.[/size][/size][/size]

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #9,581 of 41,141
Very true and very insensitive of me. sorry about that.
Quote:
idk about you, but a lot of us are limited. I live in a college apartment. my desk is where I live, so it's the only place any listening can get done. (I also don't have room for excess furniture)

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #9,583 of 41,141
Quote:
Very true and very insensitive of me. sorry about that.

No need to be sorry! In fact, I 100% plan on getting a nice lounge chair setup back at home this winter break! because I am too ADD to sit in front of a computer screen and focus on the music
beerchug.gif

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #9,584 of 41,141
Wolfetan44, Nice Grado 80's! Keep working on the music collection, your listen to it forever!

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #9,585 of 41,141
Quote:

a few reasons, I find new music with headphones on the computer, plus I don't like plain listening all the time(I already zone out too much lol), I find my music has the ability to set my mood through out the day so I keep my set up with me as much as possible

And due to being a student, a laptop has to be the most portable way to enjoy my music everywhere I go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back