Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 1, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #8,117 of 41,348
Your rack costs more than a lot of people's entire systems. While I get your modesty comment was a joke, in all seriousness how do you like the Mapleshade rack?

I was looking at one myself recently (or at least one of their TT stands). Is it sturdy enough? I'm honestly a little confused about how it all goes together.

Quote:
Here is my modest system:

Is that lamp near the turntable a tip from Michael fremer?

Sep 1, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #8,118 of 41,348
Really liking all these different pics.

Current bedroom setup, I'd enjoy it more if I could stop falling alseep :)
A dynamic, ortho, and electrostatic type. All 3 bases covered.

Sep 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #8,122 of 41,348
Mio:
Doesn't have to be pricy depending on what you like/want. ( not saying mine is anything special but it's more than I need . )
My setup there was scooped for ~55 bucks total ( Wharfedale Denton speakers, Nikko Receiver, Micro Seiki TT ( free), Luxman Cd player ).

Hit up garage sales or thrift shops you'd be amazed at what you can find if you are take your time, are discriminating, and a huge amount of luck. And it's fun hunting.
I'm heading out now again to check around:)

Sep 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #8,123 of 41,348
Quote:
Doesn't have to be pricy depending on what you like/want. ( not saying mine is anything special but it's more than I need . )
My setup there was scooped for ~55 bucks total ( Wharfedale Denton speakers, Nikko Receiver, Micro Seiki TT ( free), Luxman Cd player ).

Hit up garage sales or thrift shops you'd be amazed at what you can find if you are take your time, are discriminating, and a huge amount of luck. And it's fun hunting.
I'm heading out now again to check around:)

..... I need to go and get some thrift shop stuff now.....

Sep 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #8,125 of 41,348
Quote:
I noticed

Anaxilus posted it first. I was wondering what LFF was doing

It was a micro-meet. Three people were there enjoying that stuff and much more.

That is not a closed grado, it's a stratoKOSSter. Look it up if you don't know what it is. 

Sep 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #8,126 of 41,348
Quote:
It was a micro-meet. Three people were there enjoying that stuff and much more.

That is not a closed grado, it's a stratoKOSSter. Look it up if you don't know what it is. 

Oh I see now...the picture he posted was from a mini meet.......................wow...that made me think that he actually owned all of that hahah

Sep 2, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #8,127 of 41,348
Quote:
Oh I see now...the picture he posted was from a mini meet.......................wow...that made me think that he actually owned all of that hahah

Well there were only three people there so more like a micro meet if a meet at all.  More like, 'hey LFF, were soldering some crap and I have your HE5, want to stop by for a burger?  Oh, bring your new IEMs!"  
wink.gif
 I omitted 4-5 other phones as we ran out of space.  
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 2, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #8,128 of 41,348
Quote:

Well there were only three people there so more like a micro meet if a meet at all.  More like, 'hey LFF, were soldering some crap and I have your HE5, want to stop by for a burger?  Oh, bring your new IEMs!"  
wink.gif
 I omitted 4-5 other phones as we ran out of space.  
tongue_smile.gif

As well as the sources, T2 and other amps we had there.....

So much gear and conversation....so little time!
frown.gif

Sep 2, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #8,129 of 41,348
Sep 2, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #8,130 of 41,348

Users who are viewing this thread

Back