Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 22, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #6,241 of 41,463
Quote:
Decided which ones you're going to keep yet? Or are you selling all of them to fuel more expensive headphones.
Very nice headphone stand you've got there by the way, but I think I already told you that before.

Yeah I wanna sell everything except for the D2000 and HD25-1 for now. The HD25's are gonna stay for sure for portable use and the D2000 + others will be used to fund an LCD-2 or something haha I hope so!

Quote:

Dare to say 
rolleyes.gif
...cute. Nice clean up and staging, Jjacq! Love your avatars, by the way...

Haha I have a feeling it's gonna be messy some time soon again. I'm still waiting for my turntable belt so I still have yet to see if it's hard to use with this setup lol. The isolation pads were supposed to be for my A5 speakers but the amp is making it fall down so nevermind.

Quote:
Still under construction...but emerging.

I like the table a lot and...I spy a Sansui? I have one but not sure what's happening to it right now cuz it's still on service. :S!

May 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #6,242 of 41,463
Quote:
Yeah I wanna sell everything except for the D2000 and HD25-1 for now. The HD25's are gonna stay for sure for portable use and the D2000 + others will be used to fund an LCD-2 or something haha I hope so!

I like the table a lot and...I spy a Sansui? I have one but not sure what's happening to it right now cuz it's still on service. :S!

1977 Pioneer SX-650. Also, I have 100+ pounds on the desk; now sagging in the middle - being replaced in 7-10 days by a coffee table 47.5" L versus 42" L for the desk. Then, I'll have more room to lay the amp down flat.

May 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #6,243 of 41,463
Moved houses, went through a few cans, bought and sold an Asgard, got rid of that cheap white plastic "rack", and modded some T50RP (aka Coolpants, lol). About time I make another contribution (sorry for the pics, just couldn't get quite the right lighting for some reason, and I need a tripod+more skill):

May 23, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #6,245 of 41,463
Those eastern electric mini max's tickle my fancy every time I see one! Last time I looked they weren't easy to find either, where did you get yours? Also how would you compare the nfb 10se flavor to the v200? did you ever run the v200 out of the 10se dac?

Nice rig allyl! 

-M

May 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #6,246 of 41,463
I bought the minimax directly from Morningstar Audio. It was shipped quickly and superbly packed. I really liked the idea that it's based off the well spec'd Sabre chip, yet gives options for both opamp and tube rolling. I have a NOS Amperex 12AU7 on the way to get that process started, and will likely pick up some opamps to roll as well. 

I liked the nfb-10se at first, but sort of lost interest in it the more I listened. It just had too relaxed of a sound for me, even with its gobs of power. I never ran the v200 out of the 10se, but I from (imperfect) memory, I think the v200 has a slightly smaller soundstage, but much better control and presence, at least for me. I'm hoping that the tweaking I'll be able to do with the Minimax will keep me occupied for quite some time.

Thank you for the compliment!

:D

May 23, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #6,247 of 41,463
Quote:
Moved houses, went through a few cans, bought and sold an Asgard, got rid of that cheap white plastic "rack", and modded some T50RP (aka Coolpants, lol). About time I make another contribution (sorry for the pics, just couldn't get quite the right lighting for some reason, and I need a tripod+more skill):

That SX on the bottom (780) is looking fantastique!

May 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #6,248 of 41,463
Quote:

It looks beautiful! I've seen a few on the forum recently. I can't wait to have mine all restored and running at 100%

May 23, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #6,249 of 41,463
Quote:
It looks beautiful! I've seen a few on the forum recently. I can't wait to have mine all restored and running at 100%

I want a BIGGER amp. So, now I'm finally perusing CL up and down the coast. Perhaps, $350-$500 would do. And then finally pursue some pre-owned HE-6's and get 'em hard wired.

May 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #6,250 of 41,463
Thanks guys! It was sitting in my grandma's garage for six months or so... I took it apart and individually cleaned all the visible components with alcohol wipes, then dusted the PCBs and whatnot. Made it look beter, and removed some noise 
biggrin.gif
If you ever get a vintage amp, it's ENTIRELY worth it.

EDIT: If you see my avatar (the album cover of my latest experimental/electronic release), it's a GIMPd out pic of my receiver right after I cleaned it.
Quote:

Quote:

May 24, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #6,251 of 41,463
Thanks guys! It was sitting in my grandma's garage for six months or so... I took it apart and individually cleaned all the visible components with alcohol wipes, then dusted the PCBs and whatnot. Made it look beter, and removed some noise :D If you ever get a vintage amp, it's ENTIRELY worth it.

EDIT: If you see my avatar (the album cover of my latest experimental/electronic release), it's a GIMPd out pic of my receiver right after I cleaned it.

Replacing the caps is also never a bad idea, if you've got some decent soldering skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back