Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 22, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #5,041 of 41,096
I haven't heard many subs so I won't make a guess at it. I do think edm would benefit more from bass extension than beats by dre like thumping from a bassreflex port kind of bass.

subs are sooooo yesterday. word around block is that rotary woofer way to go for deep,deep extension down to dc flat(0hz) so clear out your basement or attic and put one of those suckers in there for true earthquake sub-bass.

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #5,042 of 41,096

Quote:

This is the Sennheiser RS 220 in my living room rig, which consists of a MacBook Air (2011 13"), Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp, AudioQuest Forest optical cable, and Sennheiser RS 220 wireless headphone system.

The drumsticks belonged to Alex Van Halen, and were given to me by Jerry Harvey of JH Audio, at a Van Halen concert (February 20, 2012, in Detroit) for which Jerry was the monitoring engineer.

​
(Click on the photo to enlarge.)

Absolutely gorgeous photography, Jude. What camera and lens did you use to snap a picture of the RS220 with? Also, will you be making (hopefully in the not so distant future) a video review or demonstration of the Sennhesier RS220 on an episode of Head-Fi TV? I know I'd enjoy a show, and a lot of other people pry would too.

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #5,043 of 41,096

Ya'll bitches posting on a Jude page! Actually nevermind someone rearranged posts in a way that puts me on a different page so now I look like a total tool :D

As an on-topic addition, I moved my fan headers from a controller to motherboard, applied fan throttling schemes in BIOS, and my desktop is whisper quiet now. Makes listening music a LOT more enjoyable!

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #5,044 of 41,096

Quote:
subs are sooooo yesterday. word around block is that rotary woofer way to go for deep,deep extension down to dc flat(0hz) so clear out your basement or attic and put one of those suckers in there for true earthquake sub-bass.

LOL, never heard of it before, has a nice read about it, other than shaking your furniture I doubt you would be able to hear such low frequentie. It would be nice to recreate a disaster area in your living room with such a system though. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #5,045 of 41,096
My Set Up

My Wadia 171 and Gradp PS1000

HeadRoom Ultra Amp and Desktop Power Supply

Shunyata Hydra Cyclops With Cobra Zitron Power Cable

Nordost Valhalla (S/PDIF) Coaxial Digital Cable

Finite Elemente Pagode Signature Rack

Shunyata Venom 3 Power Cable

Mar 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #5,046 of 41,096

Quote:
My Set Up

My Wadia 171 and Gradp PS1000

HeadRoom Ultra Amp and Desktop Power Supply

Shunyata Hydra Cyclops With Cobra Zitron Power Cable

Nordost Valhalla (S/PDIF) Coaxial Digital Cable

Finite Elemente Pagode Signature Rack

Shunyata Venom 3 Power Cable

That's a very awesome setup! Simplicity and cleanliness is the key to any setup, IMHO.

Mar 23, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #5,049 of 41,096
LOL, never heard of it before, has a nice read about it, other than shaking your furniture I doubt you would be able to hear such low frequentie. It would be nice to recreate a disaster area in your living room with such a system though. 
rolleyes.gif

I can see you're Dutch. :wink:

PS: the word you seek is frequency.

Mar 23, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #5,053 of 41,096

Quote:

Hey gang thought i would share. The top is my project studio, and the bottom is my bedside rig.

What do you think of those Herbie's feet? Worth the money?

Mar 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #5,055 of 41,096

Quote:
Absolutely gorgeous photography, Jude. What camera and lens did you use to snap a picture of the RS220 with? Also, will you be making (hopefully in the not so distant future) a video review or demonstration of the Sennhesier RS220 on an episode of Head-Fi TV? I know I'd enjoy a show, and a lot of other people pry would too.

Thank you, Austin! The camera was a Nikon D300, and the lens is a Nikon 24mm f/1.4G ED.

As for the RS 220: It was in the Fall Gift Guide, and I think it has been mentioned in an least a couple of the Head-Fi TV episodes, but, admittedly, not the subject of a full episode yet. I'm not sure yet if there'll be a dedicated episode for the RS 220, as I'm far behind on videos right now. If there is one, the video's conclusion would be this: I love it! It has been one of my most-used headphones since its arrival. The freedom afforded by its wirelessness, combined with its fidelity (which far exceeds any other wireless headphone I've yet used), makes it a first-grab headphone whenever I'm around it. Though it doesn't sound exactly like an HD 600 at its best, it still does remind me of a well-driven HD 600. Again, I love the RS220 for what it is (and what it sounds like it's not): a wireless headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back