Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 21, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #5,011 of 41,094
Nice rig morbid. The rack and blue lights of the emotive gear looks great.
I initially thought that you had two xpa1 units and was thinking that the Maggie's really liked a lot of power. The fact that you have upa1 instead makes the power demands far more reasonable.
I had also heard that Maggie's needed to be over a metre off the back wall. Your look great in your setting. Can I ask why they are angled in so much? Is this due to your seat being close or is it a Maggie preference.
Thanks and once again Great Toys!!!

The seat is close. Unfortunatly this room doesn't give the Maggies enough room to breath but the new place will be bigger an a much better room for them.

They're 2 feet off the back wall (again this isn't the ideal setting yet).

As for the Emotiva amps. I saw no reason to push 1000 wats per channel. I've heard they sound a bit colder than the UPA-1s and I like a slight warmth. Other than that...they save on my electrical bill. :D

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #5,014 of 41,094

Quote:
None yet. Got my eye on an 8" REL. These aren't really for EDM listening yet because I have no sub, but my rock collection is sounding great.

But of course, why don't you just listen to Skrillex? 
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #5,017 of 41,094
Not anywhere near set on anything, but I need punch for my EDM. 

Remember, it needs to be able to keep up with the Maggies, too. That seems to be the biggest concern when looking for a sub. 

Suggestions?

Quote:
For rock I would definately look for a closed casket instead of a bassreflex system, less thumping better extension.

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #5,018 of 41,094
When I had Maggies I thought about buying a Rythmik F12 or F15 sub. I don't remember much about them anymore, but their must have been a reason I had my eye on them.

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #5,019 of 41,094
I don't think they'll be going anywhere as they're like...the one thing the girlfriend has taken interest in (and by that I mean commented on) as far as my audio fetish goes. 

'They look really pretty.'

Quote:
When I had Maggies I thought about buying a Rythmik F12 or F15 sub. I don't remember much about them anymore, but their must have been a reason I had my eye on them.

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #5,020 of 41,094
so morbid how are you finding your time with the maggies? are they all that people say they are? I have had my eye on them for some time and always wanted some but I am a bit off put by how much people say they need powerwise.

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #5,021 of 41,094
They do need (I'd say) at least 200 watts per channel. This is just judging by the amount I know my UPA-1s are putting in relative to the level I have to turn the pre up to.

So far I'm really enjoying them. It's weird to go from my LCD 2 to the MMG because soundstage goes from meh to wow instantly. 

These are also the most position based speakers I've ever heard so I can tell it's going to be a long process getting them exactly right for your space.

The bass was the biggest thing I was worried about and I have to say I'm impressed. They need a well integrated sub to sound their best (not from experience but I can just tell), but they're no slouch without one either. 

I'll be posting a more in depth impression in a few days probably because you and about 20 other people have asked me to comment once I got them in.

Quote:
so morbid how are you finding your time with the maggies? are they all that people say they are? I have had my eye on them for some time and always wanted some but I am a bit off put by how much people say they need powerwise.

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #5,022 of 41,094

Quote:

Restacked and cleaned up the whole room.

The Maggies work this time. New carpet, too.

Oh, and Wii's are dumb.

Absolutely beautiful. I would love to hear a pair myself 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #5,025 of 41,094

Quote:
x3. Considering a pair for my desk.
Maggies came and they work this time. I'll post pics soon.

These are great, no regrets here, they are able to fill the whole room up, without sounding screechy at all, and work great with my HUD-MX1, the best for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back