Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 20, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #4,996 of 41,094

Quote:
m0gwai
You have my dream setup, I'm extreamly jealous 
tongue_smile.gif

Right now I selled some stuff (Lyr, HE-500) and selling my balanced HP amp FHA 1.3 and HE-6 to save some money to buy 009, but it's still will be only half of the sum that I need... so will have to save money for at least half of a year from now (probably more...)... and after that I'm planning to live with GES + 009 combo for a year or two until I can change GES to WES... so again I'm extreamly jelous of your audio rig, it's really the rig of my dreams 
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Thank you!

I can't say I have listened/owned everything but it's safe to say that when it comes to high-end headphones I have owned all of the 'usual suspects', same goes for the amp/dac and I can tell you that it's a step above everything I heard so far, there's something about a high end electrostatic setup that can't be matched by anything dynamic in my own opinion.

Yes it's a lot of money but this is getting you the best headphones has to offer, for speakers this would get you at the very begining of what is considered high-end so it's not a bad investement in the end, at least in my book.

Mar 20, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #4,998 of 41,094
Thank you!

I can't say I have listened/owned everything but it's safe to say that when it comes to high-end headphones I have owned all of the 'usual suspects', same goes for the amp/dac and I can tell you that it's a step above everything I heard so far, there's something about a high end electrostatic setup that can't be matched by anything dynamic in my own opinion.

Yes it's a lot of money but this is getting you the best headphones has to offer, for speakers this would get you at the very begining of what is considered high-end so it's not a bad investement in the end, at least in my book.

I think this LF is here to stay. After hearing the 007 on a few amps at the Austin meet I want one (Or just Stax in general), but they couldn't replace my LCD 2.

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #5,000 of 41,094
updated pic, I sold off a lot of equipment and changed some stuff out.  I did have a chance to move up to a Eddie Current amp but didn't because I was happy with my current system but I'm still wondering about that decision...

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #5,001 of 41,094

Quote:

My Humble Station... Specs in the signature

Long time lurker here... I just started with Hi-Fi Audio... and am about to invest on my portable setup. I bought B&W C5, but I am going to sell them for a good price, so I want another set of IEM's. My budget is 500$ PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS.

It's getting a little crowded, just the portable headphones missing.
Specs in the signature.

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #5,002 of 41,094
hey how do you like those speakers? For the price? Have always considered buying a pair

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #5,005 of 41,094

Quote:

It's getting a little crowded, just the portable headphones missing.
Specs in the signature.

I'd say the Westone 4. I wasn't the biggest fan when I heard them myself, but i also didn't have my porta-rig when i tested them. Just be aware that with IEM's, amp pairing is uber-important, so you'd better have an amp with the characteristics that you love to drive them :)

Kojaku

Mar 21, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #5,006 of 41,094

Quote:
I've PM'd you re transportation.

Is it any wonder "The City That Knows How" has such gracious hosts? Thanks kindly for the invite. Can't wait for jc9394 to get back out here! On the head-fi station note, I'm currently trying to get my 6AS7 OTL amp Blacked out! I want the face plate, volume control knob and power button to all be anodized Black. Sitting on Black spikes to boot? That's a pix I look forward to posting! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

popcorn.gif

Mar 21, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #5,007 of 41,094
I have the AE5's (I'm guessing those were 2's or something) and love them.  I actually like using them better than my main system (though my main system is set up in a worst-case senario room).  though, and esp with something like a TV, they'll only sound as good as the signal they get so I'd use an external DAC.  Even a cheap one made a significant difference in my setup.

I'd get the Maggie mini's myself but I don't have an amp in my entire house that can power them.

Quote:
x3. Considering a pair for my desk.
Maggies came and they work this time. I'll post pics soon.

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #5,010 of 41,094

Restacked and cleaned up the whole room.

The Maggies work this time. New carpet, too.

Oh, and Wii's are dumb.

Nice rig morbid. The rack and blue lights of the emotive gear looks great.

I initially thought that you had two xpa1 units and was thinking that the Maggie's really liked a lot of power. The fact that you have upa1 instead makes the power demands far more reasonable.

I had also heard that Maggie's needed to be over a metre off the back wall. Your look great in your setting. Can I ask why they are angled in so much? Is this due to your seat being close or is it a Maggie preference.

Thanks and once again Great Toys!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back