Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 4, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #33,091 of 41,120
I am now on my third piece of furniture for my headphone system. Last try was a TV stand as I thought that the length, along with my shelving would accommodate everything I own. And I was correct. However, what I didn't count on was that having a 41" table injects some ergonomic problems next to my lazy boy. You can't access the full length of the table while remaining seated. I thought about building a custom stand but was quickly dissuaded by two factors: I have no talent for building things and I am too poor to buy something really nice.

After browsing Amazon dozens of times, I settled on a cheapie solution with the right dimensions. The stand is nothing beautiful or high quality, but excels at functionality. Everything is easily within reach from my chair beside it.
Top is perfect height (24") for my laptop/mouse and the amps are easily reachable.
20220604_092143_HDR.jpg20220604_105522.jpg

Jun 4, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #33,092 of 41,120
After browsing Amazon dozens of times, I settled on a cheapie solution with the right dimensions. The stand is nothing beautiful or high quality, but excels at functionality. Everything is easily within reach from my chair beside it.
Top is perfect height (24") for my laptop/mouse and the amps are easily reachable.

Nothing wrong with cheapo Amazon furniture. I went the same way. This one has a power strip built in that top compartment that the amp and dac sit in. That much less cable mess (though I still have plenty). I think my head-fi stand cost all of $65

13F71460-3DEB-44AF-BB5C-C31C990A2549.jpeg

Jun 4, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #33,093 of 41,120
Nothing wrong with cheapo Amazon furniture. I went the same way. This one has a power strip built in that top compartment that the amp and dac sit in. That much less cable mess (though I still have plenty). I think my head-fi stand cost all of $65

13F71460-3DEB-44AF-BB5C-C31C990A2549.jpeg
Nice! Mine cost $83.00Cdn., so about $60.00US. Very functional.

Jun 4, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #33,097 of 41,120
This is confusing. I thought the A2 is a highway in the UK. Now this...
…And ‘A-2’ is Standard & Poor’s rating on second tier commercial paper issued by financial / nonfinancial corporations…😉

Jun 4, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #33,098 of 41,120
…And ‘A-2’ is Standard & Poor’s rating on second tier commercial paper issued by financial / nonfinancial corporations…😉
It’s also a size of printing paper. What a nightmare

Jun 4, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #33,099 of 41,120
20220604_122308.jpg

Jun 4, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #33,100 of 41,120
@Terriero Appreciate it, dude! We're definitely seeing some improvement in her and the pain she frequently gets from eating is slowly decreasing, which has been a blessing for us all. Still in her little harness for her hip dysplasia, but on all hospital check ups the socket is on track for being set properly, but I'm longing the days to see the poor little thing out of the contraption - it's adjusted with velcro and rubs on her skin causing sore patches :disappointed:

As the man in my avatar put it best with the line, that until I became a parent could appreciate but not fully comprehend - you don't love your children, you fall in love with them. With everyday that passes of seeing her flourish into her own little personality I now truly understand the sentiment in that statement.

If (or should I say when) we decide to holiday in the canaries with her I'll make sure to drop you a line! It goes without saying that I'd bring the TH900 in tow so we could do some A/Bing of gear :grin:
That will be marvellous :beerchug: And you will finally try the 9200s :L3000: Nowadays, I'm in some very sensitive moment, because I'm seeing little babies everywhere (even yours here :relieved:) and I'm putting "those eyes" to my wife to go for the third... (we have two children: 8 and almost 5 years old) and I think we are a little old for that... Maybe would be better to adopt a... new pair of headphones hahahaha

Jun 4, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #33,101 of 41,120
That will be marvellous :beerchug: And you will finally try the 9200s :L3000: Nowadays, I'm in some very sensitive moment, because I'm seeing little babies everywhere (even yours here :relieved:) and I'm putting "those eyes" to my wife to go for the third... (we have two children: 8 and almost 5 years old) and I think we are a little old for that... Maybe would be better to adopt a... new pair of headphones hahahaha
Foster Fostex?……🤣🤣🤣 [Our second (three total) when I was 47…]

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #33,102 of 41,120
I'm slow yes, I know and told you as such.... I said it takes me days to do a cable and you lot didn't make it any easier adding challenges j/k, but makes for more fun stories to share/tell.

Though I'm old 'n a lil broken/bent :yum: it's done now so time to enjoy My pretty, My precious :heart_eyes: :hugging::metal: . Need to give hands/fingers a rest for a bit anyways, I just get excited and gives me something to do/feel useful....

(info 4 any interested : 63 strand/s per single core x 8 = 504 strands silver plated OCC/single crystal copper Litz... Gold/Rhodium plated solid copper terminations 'n prolly my best work yet, that's as tight as they come from me giggle... Doubt I could top it anyways YMMV :kiss:) :yum:

Chilling out trying the cable tonight... Have a great Day/Night where-ever you are.. Stay safe everyone, you and yours all :thumbsup:

Ruaze91.jpg
Lovely cable!
Your t60’s are the spitting image of mine - they wouldn’t be aliexpress sheepskins by any chance? My favourite pads if they are - the only unperforated non-velour pad that softens sharp treble without destroying bass.
live just read back on your mods for this - one extra I did was to line the cups with thin felt - I didn’t find the need to add a front filter, even though I’m quite treble sensitive.

Jun 4, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #33,103 of 41,120
You're never too old. Mine (only one) graduated from high school today (whew!). I was 45 when we adopted him, and he doesn't seem too worse for the wear. :laughing:

Jun 4, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #33,104 of 41,120
Lovely cable!
Your t60’s are the spitting image of mine - they wouldn’t be aliexpress sheepskins by any chance? My favourite pads if they are - the only unperforated non-velour pad that softens sharp treble without destroying bass.
live just read back on your mods for this - one extra I did was to line the cups with thin felt - I didn’t find the need to add a front filter, even though I’m quite treble sensitive.
Thank you, I'm very happy with how it turned out. Very tight fit job, perfect though even the headphone jack only just fits nice. I'm yet to do any treatments inside the cups as yet, always something to do lol. I've got all sorts of customization plans for these babies later on, all new custom Kangaroo leather work and maybe pyography personal custom images/wording etc...

Different pads, I have so many but these lambskin ones fitted now are in fact part perforated ones... image to show

T37M9St.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back