Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 1, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #27,436 of 41,112
dsktp.jpg

Feb 1, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #27,437 of 41,112
Deep, firm, sinewy bass - dimensional “sculpted” midrange - airy, extended treble without edge - all with a touch of tube “liquidity” and “sweetness”: my assessment based on V280.

Don't leave out the big, spacious soundstage (better than most SS amps) + dynamics that are large & in-charge...

Feb 1, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #27,438 of 41,112
Don't leave out the big, spacious soundstage (better than most SS amps) + dynamics that are large & in-charge...
Definitely true. More reasons why the V280 is my head & shoulders favourite S/S amp.

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #27,439 of 41,112
Definitely true. More reasons why the V280 is my head & shoulders favourite S/S amp.
The same for me. I started with the entry level LP G103 amp ( smaller sibling of G109) years back, love its transparent and clean sound. Upgraded to V280 and simply love the transparent and slight warmish, spacious smooth sound. It’s my favorite amp to-date.

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #27,440 of 41,112
Feb 2, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #27,441 of 41,112
system full.jpeg

Ok well, I guess this also counts as a picture of my current system.. Was quite fun making the diagram. My wife didnt bug me for a while because she thought I was doing up a project for work... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

*btw I do not have the Verite desert ironwood yet! Just decided to include it so I wouldn't have to add it in later.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #27,442 of 41,112
My simple set up for my Grado SR325e : JDS Labs Objective2, Subjective3 & CD Player “Teac PD-H600”. With this simple set up I listen to music written & recorded in a simple fashion, live in the studio. This morning I listened to a couple of JJ Cale albums.
That simple set up reminds me of my period living in London in the 90s. I was living in lodgings while working in TV and I moved from one lodging to another quite a lot. I had a suitcase of clothes, a Mac LCII with its monitor and a SyQuest for backup, a box of CDs and then an audio system that looked a bit like yours but all the components were different. The CD player was a Meridien 206B, I had changed headphone amps several times but they were always solid state ones, the headphones were Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Golds, which I loved.

I listened to JJ Cale quite a lot as well :guitar:

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #27,443 of 41,112
I still sometimes use my old Meridian 207...

Back in the late 80s, I used to have a pair of HD540s. Loved the transparency. Stupidly, I threw them out when the pads disintegrated (back then, I didn’t know they could be replaced).

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #27,444 of 41,112
system full.jpeg

Ok well, I guess this also counts as a picture of my current system.. Was quite fun making the diagram. My wife didnt bug me for a while because she thought I was doing up a project for work... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

*btw I do not have the Verite desert ironwood yet! Just decided to include it so I wouldn't have to add it in later.
Is it Verite Open or closed? I have closed one in Ironwood and its one of the heaviest wood around.

Feb 2, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #27,446 of 41,112
Feb 2, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #27,448 of 41,112
system full.jpeg

Looks like Nasa server room.

Feb 2, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #27,449 of 41,112
IMG_0633.jpeg

Feb 2, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #27,450 of 41,112
system full.jpeg

I have a weird question. But looking at your system you seem weird too.

Do you think that the GS3000e reacts extremely sensitive to changes in the digital chain before the Dac?

In my experience my GS1000e reacts extremely sensitive to changing the streamer, changing dac input, reclocking, ethernet solutions while changing dac and amp itself doesn't affect it that much. That is completely weird.

It's also the only headphone that constantly moves from my least liked headphone to my most liked headphone and vice versa once i make a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back