Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 3, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #26,386 of 41,153
Reading your response, figured something was up, so I just looked over the amp, it does not use Lundahl chokes, everything I said applies only to using chokes in a passively filtered power supply.

The option for the Dragon Inspire IHA-1 is for Lundahl input transformers, 1:2.5 step up. The purpose of the transformers is to increase the gain of the amplifier, but you could simply turn up the volume. One thing to keep in mind is it is another component in the signal path, even if it is a high-quality transformer. Personally, I probably would not include it, I can't imagine any headphone would bring the amplifier anywhere near clipping, it is spec'd at 1.7W into 40ohm.
You are right. Dragon without Lundahl option drives all my headphones with no problems. I consider myself one of those guys that likes to listen to music quite loud.
Price increase for the Lundahl option wasn't the issue. I just wasn’t sure if it was what others made it out to be (keep in mine that non of those reviewers compared those units side by side with and without Lundahl choke option). And I know if there was an issue with it having trouble driving any of my headphones, Dennis Had would install them for me at same cost as the original upgrade cost.
Thank you very much for taking the time to get this sort out for me.:beerchug:

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #26,387 of 41,153
You are right. Dragon without Lundahl option drives all my headphones with no problems. I consider myself one of those guys that likes to listen to music quite loud.
Price increase for the Lundahl option wasn't the issue. I just wasn’t sure if it was what others made it out to be (keep in mine that non of those reviewers compared those units side by side with and without Lundahl choke option). And I know if there was an issue with it having trouble driving any of my headphones, Dennis Had would install them for me at same cost as the original upgrade cost.
Thank you very much for taking the time to get this sort out for me.:beerchug:

No worries! Happy to help :)

Sep 3, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #26,388 of 41,153
New addition to my headphone lineup.

11310744.jpeg

Sep 4, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #26,389 of 41,153
Dear God man, if that's your office set up, we all want to see the home one but we are also afraid that we will feel very, very small. :)

I am guessing he conveniently omitted "home" from "home office." :wink:

But yeah, nice setup :)

Sep 4, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #26,390 of 41,153
Nah, just don’t really use headphones at home. Got kids 😂

Sep 4, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #26,391 of 41,153
Nah, just don’t really use headphones at home. Got kids 😂

Ok, well we're wondering how your stuff doesn't disappear when you leave at night then. Just so many questions due to your lack of a verbose explanation for all that shiny stuff :D

@CaptainFantastic question is once again relevant :)

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #26,392 of 41,153
Ok, well we're wondering how your stuff doesn't disappear when you leave at night then. Just so many questions due to your lack of a verbose explanation for all that shiny stuff :D

@CaptainFantastic question is once again relevant :)

Haha, no problem...

I own my own business which is employed by all family. While that can be a challenge all its own lol....one of the perks is that my office is safe from theft.

Here is my home setup... Some things have changed as noted in my sig.

IMG_5831.JPG

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #26,394 of 41,153
Haha, no problem...

I own my own business which is employed by all family. While that can be a challenge all its own lol....one of the perks is that my office is safe from theft.

IMG_5831.JPG
Wow, the Brooklyn looks so nice and compact amongst everything there. I want one even more badly now.

Sep 4, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #26,396 of 41,153
Haha, no problem...

IMG_5831.JPG
Sweet phonostage. :beerchug:

Sep 4, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #26,397 of 41,153
Sweet phonostage. :beerchug:

I actually live down the street from Upscale Audio, for a moment there I was in a couple times a week. I pretty much auditioned everything in the 1-5K price range, and this one won out by a large margin. I tried the manly chinook with an assortment of different tubes, MF Nu-Vista, EAT, and a couple other lower priced ones. Anyhow, loved it and the owner of Zesto is local and highly available if you have questions/concerns etc.

Sep 4, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #26,398 of 41,153
I actually live down the street from Upscale Audio, for a moment there I was in a couple times a week. I pretty much auditioned everything in the 1-5K price range, and this one won out by a large margin. I tried the manly chinook with an assortment of different tubes, MF Nu-Vista, EAT, and a couple other lower priced ones. Anyhow, loved it and the owner of Zesto is local and highly available if you have questions/concerns etc.
I was looking at it as something that would bring my vinyl to another level. But it is a bit out of my price range. Maybe with some terrific discount I could stretch my budget but I have never seen those in open box or clearance section. It shows that those who get it, keep it. Maybe I could work something out with owner during one of those hifi shows...... maybe? Lol

Sep 4, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #26,399 of 41,153
I was looking at it as something that would bring my vinyl to another level. But it is a bit out of my price range. Maybe with some terrific discount I could stretch my budget but I have never seen those in open box or clearance section. It shows that those who get it, keep it. Maybe I could work something out with owner during one of those hifi shows...... maybe? Lol

Sent you a PM.

Sep 4, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #26,400 of 41,153
Wow, the Brooklyn looks so nice and compact amongst everything there. I want one even more badly now.

The Brooklyn+ is an amazing DAC for the price. Even the built-in phonostage is surprisingly good. Only issue I have had with it is the screens, being OLED they suffered severe burn-in. To be fair I have never turned it off. But I sent it in for repair since they have a 2 year warranty. The SBooster turns the Brooklyn into a real contender with a nice bump to the low end and drops any remnants of a noise floor. Highly recommend the combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back