Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 10, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #26,206 of 41,118
The artist is Simon Stalenhag (see the "source" link above). IMO the subject in the painting is supposed to look somewhat like Sonic the Hedgehog, heh.

'The nihilistic ambiance of this piece really speaks to me. Sonic - a childhood hero, once a shining beacon of hope and prosperity - has been left defunct and crestfallen, entangled in chains of despair emanating from a perturbing dystopia. The juxtaposition of the police car, the synergistic use of warm and dark hues.. it all represents a futile abnegation of inauspicious societal forces but alas, not even the master of speed can outrun such systemic corruption. Broken dreams. Shattered idealism. An archetypal mutilation of moral paragons in an iniquitous, invidious reality. Bravo Stalenhag, for this provocative masterpiece.'

- An art critic somewhere, probably.

Aug 10, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #26,207 of 41,118
Replaced my friends V281 that I was borrowing with my own V281 FE!

Quick and dirty pics without any editing. It’s dark in here!

Tried to connect everything as cleanly as possible. I've run out of power points!

I started in this hobby about 4 months ago and i've learned a lot in that time.

That said, I think i've reached a place where I can settle for a while.

BC402D71-7010-4BD9-BA47-4EC21823430C.jpeg4004F958-BB93-4269-AEFE-732BBA2C1163.jpegFF98A6C1-A262-4273-A7A2-C6A5C04F89B9.jpeg6F42E326-3D93-49F4-B7B5-9710E0EA7EB1.jpeg

What kind of monitor are you using?

Aug 10, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #26,208 of 41,118
Aug 10, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #26,209 of 41,118
'The nihilistic ambiance of this piece really speaks to me. Sonic - a childhood hero, once a shining beacon of hope and prosperity - has been left defunct and crestfallen, entangled in chains of despair emanating from a perturbing dystopia. The juxtaposition of the police car, the synergistic use of warm and dark hues.. it all represents a futile abnegation of inauspicious societal forces but alas, not even the master of speed can outrun such systemic corruption. Broken dreams. Shattered idealism. An archetypal mutilation of moral paragons in an iniquitous, invidious reality. Bravo Stalenhag, for this provocative masterpiece.'

Haha, I know you're being semi-tongue-in-cheek, but yea, pretty much! Also, do you mind if I ping you about writing some art copy when I finally finish my finger-painting magnum opus?

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #26,210 of 41,118

This suggests brilliant paintings as yet unpainted...

"The Passion of Gumby"

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #26,211 of 41,118

Wait--you wrote this? If yes, I'm dazzled by the high-wire art satire.

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #26,212 of 41,118
Samsung CRG9

27c5daaf52bfd84654e6b5457055b47b.jpg

Aug 11, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #26,214 of 41,118
Thanks for the reply. I never even noticed that "source" link. His stuff is amazing!
That is why I love following threads such as this. I love seeing the gear people have, but I also find that it can sometimes lead me to new things such as music (the thread on people's portable rigs has led me to a whole new genre of music I absolutely love these days), ideas for my own office and now this. Really fascinating work! I already found that I can get hold of the books easily here and those will be the first graphic novels I buy. Always wanted to buy something like that, but never found anything that intrigued me enough.

Aug 11, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #26,215 of 41,118
The artist is Simon Stalenhag (see the "source" link above). IMO the subject in the painting is supposed to look somewhat like Sonic the Hedgehog, heh.

Great picture, sure looks like Sonic to me.

Aug 11, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #26,216 of 41,118
Oh nice, now I'm glad I posted the photo!
Just ordered 'The Electric State' and 'Tales from the Loop' ('Things from the Flood' will come too, but was temporarily unavailable at that store). Should get the first one in tomorrow. Now if I could also afford headphones and sources like yours... :sweat_smile:

Aug 12, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #26,220 of 41,118
I've always been interested in Channel Islands gear, but never managed to hear any of it. How do you like these amps?
I guess you could call me a super fan at this point. Dusty builds his stuff to sound natural, uses only high grade parts and is truly built to last. Outstanding customer service and real world prices too. My present all CI system is the simplest, most cost effective and enjoyable to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back