Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 21, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #2,508 of 41,213

Quote:
Now time for some computer speakers no?

lol i thought the same thing, i used to own those exact speakers before i got my klipsch promedia 2.1 (i don't even use those as much anymore, after i got my wa6se and bought more cans)

gave my old logitechs away to my mom, she likes them alot, she doesn't care as much for the bass so the speakers are ok (those things are like 20 bucks but sounds pretty good, i was actually impressed at the speaker quality for their price)

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #2,511 of 41,213
My good speakers are in the living room hooked up to the TV. I've got a set of vintage JBLs and a set of Klips I swap out from time to time. 

Quote:
lol i thought the same thing, i used to own those exact speakers before i got my klipsch promedia 2.1 (i don't even use those as much anymore, after i got my wa6se and bought more cans)

gave my old logitechs away to my mom, she likes them alot, she doesn't care as much for the bass so the speakers are ok (those things are like 20 bucks but sounds pretty good, i was actually impressed at the speaker quality for their price)

Oct 22, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #2,513 of 41,213

Quote:
I'll be updating later today with a picture. My NFB10SE got here but is having to go back to China...So I moved my receiver onto my desk for now. Sick of not being able to listen at my desk...

EDIT: My first real contribution to this thread since I moved to my new place. 

iMac is new, LCD 2s are new, desk is new.

Pictures are terrible. iPhone 4. 

nice keyboard.

I like the look of the 598s.  That's for sure.

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #2,514 of 41,213
Another shot...

Oct 22, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #2,515 of 41,213
Weeeh ~ Finally a new charger for my camera arrived. Lost the old one for who knows how long, but now I can finally take pictures again.
:beerchug:

(I know I need a need a new camera, but I don't plan to buy one anytime soon. Deal with it)

General overview. I switched the middle monitor since last time for a LG Flatron IPS236. Very good bang for buck; a 23" IPS monitor for the price of a TN one.
I also added a bit of foams under the speakers for both dampening and angling. Incredible difference in sound quality! (although they still need upgrading.

Another overview; this is of all my amps and sources. Pictured at the bottom is a Technics M45 tape deck, never going to use it, but awesome nonetheless.

My NFB-12 and Littledot MKIV w/ 6H30PI driver tubes

My receiver. Acts as power amplifier and phono preamplifier.
The headphone output has a loud hiss on the background on any volume, other than that it's not half bad.

My turntable; a Sony PS-LX100. Not a very good one, but it gets the job done just fine.
Headphone stand is a €1.00 Ikea hook. :D

My portable rig. I am currently in the process of ordering a knob for the potentiometer of the Mini3.

My PC. Built for about $600, minus the graphics card which I salvaged from an old computer.
GPU: VaporX HD 5770
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.9GHz. I can clock higher, but that causes instability of some programs.
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H, with 4GB DD3-1600 RAM and 2.5TB storage.
PSU: Cooler Master M520 (520W)
Cooling: Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B
Case: Lancool Dragon Lord PC-K62

Oct 22, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #2,516 of 41,213
They're technically my girlfriends. Though I use them more than she does. I gave them to her when I bought my HE 500s a few months back. She's rough with her tech sometimes so they stay in a drawer in my desk unless she wants to use them.

She listened for about 3 hours yesterday. I was so proud. lol

Quote:

nice keyboard.

I like the look of the 598s.  That's for sure.

Oct 22, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #2,517 of 41,213
Nice computer rig! I'm impressed you kept that in the $600 mark. I've got the same case. Bit of a pain to work with but it sure looks great.  Oh and thumbs up for the palmtop tiger
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Weeeh ~ Finally a new charger for my camera arrived. Lost the old one for who knows how long, but now I can finally take pictures again.
beerchug.gif

(I know I need a need a new camera, but I don't plan to buy one anytime soon. Deal with it)

General overview. I switched the middle monitor since last time for a LG Flatron IPS236. Very good bang for buck; a 23" IPS monitor for the price of a TN one.
I also added a bit of foams under the speakers for both dampening and angling. Incredible difference in sound quality! (although they still need upgrading.

Another overview; this is of all my amps and sources. Pictured at the bottom is a Technics M45 tape deck, never going to use it, but awesome nonetheless.

My NFB-12 and Littledot MKIV w/ 6H30PI driver tubes

My receiver. Acts as power amplifier and phono preamplifier.
The headphone output has a loud hiss on the background on any volume, other than that it's not half bad.

My turntable; a Sony PS-LX100. Not a very good one, but it gets the job done just fine.
Headphone stand is a €1.00 Ikea hook.
biggrin.gif

My portable rig. I am currently in the process of ordering a knob for the potentiometer of the Mini3.

My PC. Built for about $600, minus the graphics card which I salvaged from an old computer.
GPU: VaporX HD 5770
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.9GHz. I can clock higher, but that causes instability of some programs.
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H, with 4GB DD3-1600 RAM and 2.5TB storage.
PSU: Cooler Master M520 (520W)
Cooling: Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B
Case: Lancool Dragon Lord PC-K62

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #2,518 of 41,213
My little downstairs set up (the glass of red is an essential part hic!)

Upstairs rig pic coming soon, though I wouldn't get too excited.

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #2,519 of 41,213
Nice computer rig! I'm impressed you kept that in the $600 mark. I've got the same case. Bit of a pain to work with but it sure looks great.  Oh and thumbs up for the palmtop tiger
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Taiga is awesome. Flatchested tsundere ftw.
I personally find the K-62 to be user friendly. Never once needed a screwdriver.
Although in some cases it takes a bit to figure out how it works.

PS: When quoting posts such as mine, remove the images. It's very annoying to have a long quote like that in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back