Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 20, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #25,036 of 41,294
20200319_163704.jpg

Mar 20, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #25,037 of 41,294
Mar 20, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #25,039 of 41,294
Mar 20, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #25,044 of 41,294
Current photos only... This photo doesn't show the ToneKraft headphone cable from Audio Envy, nor the EtherREGEN switch, both of which gave a noticeable improvement in sound quality. But I've got a large recliner in front of the setup now, and I don't want to move it to take another photo. I believe all the equipment I have is listed in my signature. The Mapleshade Sampson V.5 rack is superior for vibration isolation (with brass cones and footers), but it also has a high WAF. The broken laundry rack at the rear, to support ribbon-based power cords and interconnects, not so much! At Pierre Sprey's* suggestion, when I get caught up (possibly, never), for interconnect and power cord support my plan is to hang maple rods from the ceiling, supported by silk thread, so I can get rid of the laundry rack...
Click on the photo for a higher-rez viewing.

no blue tape, with Pass Labs amp.jpg

* By some standards, Pierre is "out there". But (like many innovators in the high-end audio industry) he's an engaging and intelligent guy. Amongst many other pursuits, in the 1960's he spearheaded the design of the F-16 fighter jet. He makes terrific (nearly unparalleled) recordings, and every upgrade he's suggested to me (from Mapleshade) has sounded better than what I was using previously.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #25,046 of 41,294
Maintenant que mon EC 4-45 est réparé ,je lui ai offert une nouvelle source, analogique cette fois... une platine "vintage".

TD160 in good company 3.JPG

Eh oui, je suis passé du coté obscur de la force: les Vinyls !
:'(

La platine est une Thorens TD160 de 1970, reconditionnée à neuf, avec le magnifique bras SME Serie 2 "improved" et une cellule Shure V15 III également d'époque.... mais avec un stilus JICO SAS neuf ( Le Phono-Preamp est un EAT E-GLO, moderne, mais... à tube tout de même ! )

Mar 21, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #25,048 of 41,294
Current photos only... This photo doesn't show the ToneKraft headphone cable from Audio Envy, nor the EtherREGEN switch, both of which gave a noticeable improvement in sound quality. But I've got a large recliner in front of the setup now, and I don't want to move it to take another photo. I believe all the equipment I have is listed in my signature. The Mapleshade Sampson V.5 rack is superior for vibration isolation (with brass cones and footers), but it also has a high WAF. The broken laundry rack at the rear, to support ribbon-based power cords and interconnects, not so much! At Pierre Sprey's* suggestion, when I get caught up (possibly, never), for interconnect and power cord support my plan is to hang maple rods from the ceiling, supported by silk thread, so I can get rid of the laundry rack...

no blue tape, with Pass Labs amp.jpg

* By some standards, Pierre is "out there". But (like many innovators in the high-end audio industry) he's an engaging and intelligent guy. Amongst many other pursuits, in the 1960's he spearheaded the design of the F-16 fighter jet. He makes terrific (nearly unparalleled) recordings, and every upgrade he's suggested to me (from Mapleshade) has sounded better than what I was using previously.
I had to search on "WAF". Thanks for the chuckle!!!!

Mar 21, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #25,049 of 41,294
image.jpg
image.jpg

Mar 21, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #25,050 of 41,294

I’m pretty sure the repurposed laundry rack is single most audiophile thing I’ve seen here in 10 years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back