Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 13, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #24,661 of 41,171
The ADS monitors were pretty high end when they debuted. And, not cheap. I recall this attache' in the mid-70s, which came with a pair of these and a Nakamichi cassette player. And, I remember coveting it.

Joe.

Ah yes, the 2002 system. Big $ at the time for sure. The 2002 was a 200 with built in bi-amplification. Great sounding but a real tough sell, primarily because it had a proprietary (6 pin I recall) connectivity, so not universal to hook up with normal line level RCAs.

In retail at the time, we also had the large powered Advents, which were easy to send a preamp line level RCA to. Played incredibly loud, but had a high failure rate.

FUN!

Thanks for the memory!

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #24,662 of 41,171
Sorry Guys for slightly breaking the rules here.

This is not my headfi station, it is her Lightness's taken when she was in one of her lighty, fluffy, foamy moods...........

Luckily no-one got electricuted during the making of this gif!

giphy.webp

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #24,663 of 41,171
Sorry Guys for slightly breaking the rules here.

This is not my headfi station, it is her Lightness's taken when she was in one of her lighty, fluffy, foamy moods...........

Luckily no-one got electricuted during the making of this gif!

giphy.webp
Where's the amp and dac?

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #24,664 of 41,171
Where's the amp and dac?
Her dogs accidentially eat them.

They were on a special New Year's dog diet............................

I suppose it could have been worse and they eat my fridge!

giphy.webp

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #24,665 of 41,171
Tuesday AM119884FB-6BB4-4E31-B4F0-BC7645069ED4.jpeg

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #24,666 of 41,171
That is just so foreign to me (and probably many of us): the thought of a spouse who actively supports our weird little hobby/obsessions lake that. My wife at best tolerates them. She is mostly annoyed that I can't hear her when she wants to talk, or feels "isolated" because I have headphones on.
Here's an idea to remedy that problem ... invite her to join in the listening :)

Here, we're preparing to watch & listen together to a BluRay DVD.
The rig: Oppo BDP-103D - optical - Schiit GungnirMB - Bryston BHA-1 - HD800 x2. HP stands by Woo Audio.
Sierra Nevada pale ale for me / Ketel One & Perrier for her.
Works well with music videos and movies ... open HPs are suggested, so you can communicate.

The Home Rig x2 with Refreshments.JPG
Happy Listening and Cheers!
RCB

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #24,667 of 41,171
My wife and I listen to our headphones together all the time. My primaLuna has a tape out which goes to my Trafomatic. My DAC feeds both the same signal and we experience the same songs together. I also try to get her any headphones she says She likes. That is why I have a Klipsch Hp3.

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #24,669 of 41,171
Here's an idea to remedy that problem ... invite her to join in the listening :)

How familiar are you with jazz-rock fusion? It's pretty much all I listen to. I made the mistake of taking my wife to see Tribal Tech when we first started dating in '93. She still holds that against me to this day. Fusion is one of the most effective woman repellants in existence. And aside from concerts, she doesn't really just sit and listen to music. We do watch TV with headphones when our kids is sleeping, but we are wireless.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #24,670 of 41,171
Fusion I'm listening to Djabe & Steve Hackett - Back to Sardinia at the moment and it is a wonderful album

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #24,671 of 41,171
Ooooh, Hackett!!!! I have tix for 5 shows coming up in March!!!!!

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #24,674 of 41,171
And buying boxes of them before the next Grateful Dead tour!

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #24,675 of 41,171
How familiar are you with jazz-rock fusion? It's pretty much all I listen to. I made the mistake of taking my wife to see Tribal Tech when we first started dating in '93. She still holds that against me to this day. Fusion is one of the most effective woman repellants in existence. And aside from concerts, she doesn't really just sit and listen to music. We do watch TV with headphones when our kids is sleeping, but we are wireless.
I personally am a big fan of jazz-rock fusion (and all kinds of blues), in particular Marcus Miller, Simon Phillips and Bela Fleck, but there are dozens of others. Head to the "What are you listening to right now" thread and see what I've posted there. I was not aware of Tribal Tech - thanks for the idea.

My wife, however, is not a fan - she likes Joe Bonamassa, progressive bluegrass (Sam Bush, NewGrass Revival) and old country.

It certainly helps if both listening persons agree on the music up front ... if not, it could lead to damaging the gear, e.g. throwing headphones, that would not be cool :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back