Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 30, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #23,161 of 41,048
20181230_102436.jpg

Was a little too much stuff to post in portable.

Dec 30, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #23,162 of 41,048
Hurts to post after a photo like yours @ayobreezie hahaha.. But here's what i'm working with for now:

Fostex TH900mk2 - Emerald Green (#93/100)
Fostex HP-A4BL
MrSpeakers Ether2

Posting the fostex amp and headphones soon. They both served me great however the HP-A4BL is maxing out on high gain to just to get even a comfortable listening volume.

Interested in the ADI-2 DAC and may give that a try and add amp later on, need be (maybe the massdrop THX?)

253u67

Lol I envy your cans.. I wanted the Ether 2's, but it's a bit out of my reach.. I definitely want to try that DAC, too. Seems like plenty are raving about it.

Dec 30, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #23,166 of 41,048
GOALS!

How are you liking the set up? Does the ADI2 really need a separate amp?

Also, when adding a dedicated amp do you lose volume controls from the DAC? I would hate to lose the remote control device function if that is the case.

I had the THX first and wanted a quality balanced DAC to feed it, The RME would be just as good as a stand alone, great headphone/IEM amplification and multiple presets for individual tuning depending on how your using it. The volume control on the RME is the master, remote works everything. Set the THX and use the remote.

Dec 31, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #23,169 of 41,048
Hurts to post after a photo like yours @ayobreezie hahaha.. But here's what i'm working with for now:

Fostex TH900mk2 - Emerald Green (#93/100)
Fostex HP-A4BL
MrSpeakers Ether2

Posting the fostex amp and headphones soon. They both served me great however the HP-A4BL is maxing out on high gain to just to get even a comfortable listening volume.

Interested in the ADI-2 DAC and may give that a try and add amp later on, need be (maybe the massdrop THX?)

253u67

Audioquest perch is a nice stand, i got one myself. To think just 5-6 years ago people had to use banana hangers or DIY.

Dec 31, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #23,170 of 41,048
It sounds great, I have really not gotten to much past the pairing with the ZMF Ori
Seems everytime I put this headphone on, it stays on for awhile, LOL.
Love the Ori.

Not so much the impact, but the speed is definitely there and detail too....the impact is wonderful, but I would not call it better than the tubes.
Love what I am hearing with the Ori...no doubt just a wonderful pairing.

I believe it probably is, but not 100% sure.
I bought it from a great gentleman that was located in New York.
Great guy to deal with...class act.

I'm using my Ori to burn in a new cable (Danacable Lazuli, 100 hrs burn-in recommended)--because it's the biggest power hog of all my HPs, si higher signal levels go through the new cable to achieve moderately loud volume in the Ori.

I'm not doing any concerted listening here, but now & then I put on the Ori to check in, and it sounds fantastic. I can't begin to tell if the cable is part of that, 'cause the Ori always sounds beyond good, as long as the amp has the juice to drive it (and the V281 does).

I'm over my fascination w/closed back headphones that was in full swing when I got the Ori, but this wonderful headphone (and its dynamic sibling, the Eikon) remain fascinating to me.

Jan 1, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #23,173 of 41,048
In the old days, they enjoyed their music as much as we do but with...no headache with multiple formats to deal with, multiple DAC chips, synergy to consider between components.....IMG_6603.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back