Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 11, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #17,431 of 41,227
That's an awesome setup hifimanrookie. I know you waited for the amp for like a year. Was it worth the wait? Any comparisons to other amps you have tried?

Thank u jibzilla..
Yes i ordered it in june 2013! Its handmade by one single man.

well..as u know i had a very good modified 337 of which i believed (and the new owner says same thing funny enough ) that it kicked asses of amps many times more expensive on the he500 i had..

But trully this is in a whole new league... I have 24bits rips of vinyl with more then 4000bps..and on those tracks i hear things i never ever thought they existed..like the little humming u hear when the needle of a TT starts tracking the platter..a bit hollow..cant explain it better...but i now even hear the frequency change !! Just like u do when u actually listen to a good TT)

i have the soundtrack of Beowolf..in high quality lossless quality..and on certain tracks the high power drums kick in without any warning..first time when i heard a certain track on this rig i almost ****ted myself..it hit so hard..i knew those drums go low..bit didnt expected this..i only experienced this kind of fullness and attack in sound when i was listening to a extremey expensive krell set with huge mark logans speakers of a friend of mine...okay u dont get the reverations u get from the walls or the feeling in ur stomach of the vibrations..but for the rest..unbelievable...

And then the details it pumps it..its a curse sometimes!!some of the more modern music i have from the wellknow artists from now which i loved very much NOW sound rubbish!!! Its downright irritating... U can hear its all sampled and fake! Not like queen or meatloaf or any other real playing artists from the past...instead now the recordings are manipulated by samples etc in the music u have now.. I even deleted most of the lower quality (256bps and lower) i still had...it was to painfull..it took the pleasure away from listening.

But strange things is..it doesnt force u to listen to details..it creeps up on u until u actually find out what it does to u..i now dont try to find new details in my tracks..i just relax and let the music move me...i had to learn to listen in a whole new way!!! As because of those mentioned details i was getting nuts!! Now i let the music flow to me...and how it flows..

.i mailed this to gilbert (the builder) and he replied..'if u have good sound u will have bad sound also'.. Funny man.. I hate him :D
It now has around 100hours on it..its a totally opamp based amp (like NSL on which he is totally based on) so i believe it needs at least 1 full month to burn in..oh well..i dont have an on-off switch anyway..so i just let him play through my music all day long.. :xf_eek:

But i have to be honest..its not all credit to the amp!!!! The unique code-x and the very special 8wire dual mono balanced black widow headphone cable also helps big time!! Maybe the best of the sound is indeed this very special headphone!

Oh yeah..this weekend i will open a thread about this rig..i will do some comparisions and impressions in more detail..so stay tuned if ur interested. :D

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #17,433 of 41,227
That's awesome. I reluctantly sold my rpx-35 to see what the peak/volcano will do with my new X's. Fingers are crossed that is a big improvement as well.

U have the new audeze's? Ur in luck..they say they are much easier to drive then the lcd 2 or 3..and how is ur first impression?and when ru getting the peak/volcano?

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #17,436 of 41,227

It's time to move on from T1 to this beast. One of the best closed back headphone ever
rolleyes.gif

i plan on doing the same thing - can you outline some differences 

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #17,437 of 41,227
i plan on doing the same thing - can you outline some differences 

Some difference:

• More bass.
  • Far more easier to drive, don't need heck of a crazy set to make it sounds good.
  • IMHO better imaging , especially when you play some binaural recording or some sort of that.
  • Better layering and micro details.
  • At last........................ I can hear trance music again :D.

There could be more than the list, just look around for the review :D.

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #17,441 of 41,227
I've been wanting to post in here for quite a while and I for some reason just had the random impulse to take a picture with my terrible phone... without cleaning, as you can see:

1. HD600s (Grills removed, inner foam infront of driver replaced with speaker fabric)
  2. Pop Pulse PCM1796 MKII
  3. Lake People G109S
  4. Cool little stand I made from random stuff at Ikea for ~$12

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #17,443 of 41,227
It's miles better than the fiio e7. That's all I can really compare it to. Really nice build quality and I know people have modded it, apart from some French stereophile review of it people were doing some diy stuff on another forum.

I just like the way it's designed.

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #17,444 of 41,227
My new humble headphone rig is complete now...just got the amp in from the builder and am burning it in right now..

the lower shelf of my very worn out Atacama audio rack (am in proces getting a new rack) houses the external powersupply..for brands/models of the things on pic see my signature under this post
wink.gif

Ps..sorry for bad quality of pics..was taken by an ipad 3
redface.gif

Ps..the grey/green stuff under the shelves are from out of the transport box the amp came in..they work very well as anti vibration thingie though and are free!!!
tongue.gif

Really nice buddy, good things come to those who wait! Thought I hadn't seen you around for a while...

Also, what are those pictured above? You have the control amp and the transformer... Just not sure what they are? Mains filter?

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #17,445 of 41,227
Really nice buddy, good things come to those who wait! Thought I hadn't seen you around for a while...

Also, what are those pictured above? You have the control amp and the transformer... Just not sure what they are? Mains filter?

Yeah i hadnt been on our beloved tube thread for a while :wink:
And Yep it was loooong wait...to answer ur question:

Blue Circle Audio Peed Al Sea (PLC) Thingee FX2 (4 outlets)
http://www.bluecircle.com/page86.html

Blue Circle Audio plug-in module X0E low frequency filter with 6x Syllicone filter (with BC61 power cable upgrade)
http://www.bluecircle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1685&highlight=tspd
http://www.bluecircle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1684
http://www.bluecircle.com/page26.html

Blue Circle Audio TSPD surge protection module
I think this speaks for itself..but this one works in paralell instead of IN the actual powersignal..and so not poluting powersupply.

Have fun reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back