Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 12, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #17,461 of 41,369
  Oh god. So much regret. Whatever, I got badass amp bands, so I could care less what he thinks. Besides, they add extension at both ends xD (ba-dum-psh).

Kojaku

Haha...  Sorry, man.  Hey, what do you mean by extension at both ends?  Did you ask them to custom-make bands according to your portable rig's girth?

Thanks for your reply man.  

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #17,462 of 41,369

Haha...  Sorry, man.  Hey, what do you mean by extension at both ends?  Did you ask them to custom-make bands according to your portable rig's girth?

Thanks for your reply man.  

I asked for the youth size...erm...*cough cough*. Anyway, I do love this rig quite a lot.

Kojaku

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #17,465 of 41,369

Is that for the bands or for the Luck of Lucien :)?

Kojaku

wink_face.gif
 I'm silent... will never tell.

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #17,466 of 41,369
Those rubber bands heavily remind me of Samual L Jackson from Pulp Fiction. If anybody else here has seen that movie. A+.
that movie was bad ass!!!!

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #17,467 of 41,369
  Those rubber bands heavily remind me of Samual L Jackson from Pulp Fiction. If anybody else here has seen that movie. A+.

That's literally the entire reason I bought the bands xD

Kojaku

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #17,468 of 41,369
Thanks! Yes I am, and to be honest i never thought it would be so much better compared to my beloved modded 337 i had...but.my wife insnt happy though..although she loves the stainless/glossy black/ matt black look, she is complaining now that recently i always have those beeeeeeeeep headphones on my head and am somewhere else with my mind when i get home from work..i wonder why i do that
biggrin.gif

Wow, simply, WOW!!!   I LOVE your Blue Circle Audio custom headphone amp!  NSL-based?  I can't even imagine how good it must sound.  I am off the charts jealous.

I am a long time fan/owner of various Blue Circle products.  Gilbert ("Gil-Butt") is the man.  I currently have a Blue Circle power amp for my speaker setup and the same power conditioner as you have.  I can't ever see myself switching to an amplifier from another manufacturer.  BC for life baby.  Seeing your amp has me thinking, why on earth I had not ever considered a BC headphone amp?

Congrats on the acquisition.  If you are ever looking to sell it..... 
atsmile.gif
  Shoot me a pm.

I look forward to reading your formal review once it is fully run-in.

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #17,470 of 41,369
Wow, simply, WOW!!!   I LOVE your Blue Circle Audio custom headphone amp!  NSL-based?  I can't even imagine how good it must sound.  I am off the charts jealous.

I am a long time fan/owner of various Blue Circle products.  Gilbert ("Gil-Butt") is the man.  I currently have a Blue Circle power amp for my speaker setup and the same power conditioner as you have.  I can't ever see myself switching to an amplifier from another manufacturer.  BC for life baby.  Seeing your amp has me thinking, why on earth I had not ever considered a BC headphone amp?

Congrats on the acquisition.  If you are ever looking to sell it..... :atsmile:   Shoot me a pm.

I look forward to reading your formal review once it is fully run-in.

wow a fellow bc owner..u dont come across many here on headfi..so i am guessin they are just to busy listening to wonderful music then to post here..as they are a rare breed here..hehehe
Thanks my friend..but..i am really surprised how good it sounds..i knew it would better then what i had..but this? And it still needs almost a full 3 weeks 24/7 burn in time left before its perfomance is on its optimum.(the sound is smoothing out more and more every day it plays music...but u must know what i mean owning a BC amp urself)

Gil Butt really did magic on this amp..and i cant help to love that guy..he is crazy..but so honest and direct..those people are hard to find nowadays..already asked him to quote me for two BC62's powercables, one having a angled shuko connector and for a linear upgraded powersupply for my laptop instead of the standard dc switching powersupply that my asus laptop has, to even more minimize inteferences in the signal caused by a non audiophile power supply..

This amp needs at least one full month to burn in..just like the NSL needs..and no switching off..i dont even have any switches on it (as u can see on the pics) Gil butt told me the best way to keep it sounding on its best is to never switch it off..just like his bigger brother..oh well..i just keep it playing 24-7 all day until its burned in and then the formal review..and then i just keep it on with colume on zero..when not playing stuff..

.but this weekend i will open a dedicated thread about this amp with first impressions..some fugures: It pumps out a measured 5,28w into 50ohm and has a total capacity of 650.000uF According to Gil Butt..so lots of headroom available...and i can hear that!! Especially on life recordings of big orchestra's....it has enough reserves for the more dynamic tracks.
And if i ever wanna sell it..i kmow where to find u..but dont count on it..as this balance i have with this amp and the rest of my rig is perfect..i cant imagine needing anything more..no matter the price tag...my rig is built by the most passionate people i ever came across in audio world..and u can see it back in how they built their stuff...patience is key here as for all u have to wait for it..but OMG its so worth it..every single piece i have in my rig now..
in short i call them the GLF-team..thanks guys.. Never stop what u do..as it would be a shame to the world of audio if u did!!!

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #17,471 of 41,369

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #17,472 of 41,369

Re-did my shot from a few weeks ago. This time with lighting more the way I like, and the Voshkod tubes are more glowy than the old tubes :xf_eek:P

Hope you all like.

Users who are viewing this thread

• cwoo
Back