Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 15, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #15,796 of 41,464
 And you know black Schiit is a limited release right now: http://schiit.com/products/lyr
Last photo on the Lyr. I think its for Lyr, Valhalla, and the Bifrost.

And: Ortho with WA7? Yes!

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #15,797 of 41,464
  And you know black Schiit is a limited release right now: http://schiit.com/products/lyr
Last photo on the Lyr. I think its for Lyr, Valhalla, and the Bifrost.

Woo hoo, options 
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #15,798 of 41,464
Nov 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #15,799 of 41,464
Damn the new black Schiit look good. I thought Jason would never let that happen?

Quote from Schiit.com
""
3. We are very good at saying “no.” No super-zowie gold-plated chassis milled out of a solid block of metal. No color options. No custom configurations. No flavor of the month, special editions, touched-by-the-Designer’s-hand models.
""

Nov 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #15,800 of 41,464
I thought Jason would never let that happen?

Didn't you read the announcement on it here? Supplier sent them black cases for  some bizarre reason, likely some kind of error in their lines,* then instead of calling them back and the cases end up getting trashed/melted down, Jason just decided to allow an accident to provide an opportunity for those who have been asking for black chassis. Didn't cost them a thing, as it would otherwise have done, if they ordered cases in more than one color. Supplier didn't charge extra I suppose and neither will have to ship them back.

*That or somebody actually ordered a run of the same type of chassis in black, but without the Schiit prints on them, so no one bothered to raise their hand and ask if what they're doing is correct. Either way, it happens - I've seen food packages come with mismatched front and rear prints. People at assembly lines aren't actually that very knowledgeable, or are more concerned with speed and safety, so whatever anybody put in, it just goes forward.

Nov 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #15,801 of 41,464

*That or somebody actually ordered a run of the same type of chassis in black, but without the Schiit prints on them, so no one bothered to raise their hand and ask if what they're doing is correct. Either way, it happens - I've seen food packages come with mismatched front and rear prints. People at assembly lines aren't actually that very knowledgeable, or are more concerned with speed and safety, so whatever anybody put in, it just goes forward.

I had bought a bag of bagels one time that had a huge black ink pad in them! I'd say speed is a priority, because I don't know how something like that can be put into the bag unnoticed. 
eek.gif

Nov 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #15,802 of 41,464
Since my last set of photos I've added the Bifrost and the Soloist, and moved my MSB Link, LD 1+ and CKKIII to my bedroom setup. 

I also recently rebuilt my flexy rack after dealing with some mildew issues with my previous one. I still need to stain it, but I got impatient and had to set all my stuff back up. 

Next up is a couple more headphone stands and then building some shelving for the stacks of cd's currently living on my dresser. 

I've also spent several months convincing myself I don't need to buy an HD800 or LCD2, but I'm not certain how much longer I'll be able to hold out. 

Nov 16, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #15,803 of 41,464
@mitch_o - Man, I'm gonna have to level with ya. With you obviously being a fan of Indie, I really think you need to experience a LCD-3 over HD-800. I'm not going to write a paragraph over it, but please put them on your 'must listen' list ok :)

Nov 16, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #15,804 of 41,464
  Since my last set of photos I've added the Bifrost and the Soloist, and moved my MSB Link, LD 1+ and CKKIII to my bedroom setup. 

I also recently rebuilt my flexy rack after dealing with some mildew issues with my previous one. I still need to stain it, but I got impatient and had to set all my stuff back up. 

Next up is a couple more headphone stands and then building some shelving for the stacks of cd's currently living on my dresser. 

I've also spent several months convincing myself I don't need to buy an HD800 or LCD2, but I'm not certain how much longer I'll be able to hold out. 

wow.. nice setup.. looks like your ready to hold a meet :)

Didn't you read the announcement on it here? Supplier sent them black cases for  some bizarre reason, likely some kind of error in their lines,* then instead of calling them back and the cases end up getting trashed/melted down, Jason just decided to allow an accident to provide an opportunity for those who have been asking for black chassis. Didn't cost them a thing, as it would otherwise have done, if they ordered cases in more than one color. Supplier didn't charge extra I suppose and neither will have to ship them back.

Sounds like an inside job 
evil_smiley.gif
 nice work.

Nov 16, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #15,805 of 41,464
  @mitch_o - Man, I'm gonna have to level with ya. With you obviously being a fan of Indie, I really think you need to experience a LCD-3 over HD-800. I'm not going to write a paragraph over it, but please put them on your 'must listen' list ok :)

Definitely not what my wallet wants to hear, but thanks for the heads-up, that's good to know. I'm also looking into the LCD-X. I'll have to try and find somewhere to audition them around here. I figure my T1 is close enough in character to the HD800, so I'm probably leaning toward one of the Audeze's. 

wow.. nice setup.. looks like your ready to hold a meet :)

Haha, much appreciated!

Nov 16, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #15,806 of 41,464

Definitely not what my wallet wants to hear, but thanks for the heads-up, that's good to know. I'm also looking into the LCD-X. I'll have to try and find somewhere to audition them around here. I figure my T1 is close enough in character to the HD800, so I'm probably leaning toward one of the Audeze's. 

Yep, totally agree, you're on the right track. Maybe, just maybe the HE-6 for you too, but the Burson won't do it justice.

Nov 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #15,807 of 41,464
What the crap? How did I not know that Schiit had gone black? 
eek.gif

The black lyr would be nice!! But dang, I'd have to sell my current lyr and buy brand new. 
frown.gif

Nov 16, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #15,808 of 41,464

What a good looking rack.. everything looks great!  I can see there is just enough free space for one last headphone stand! maybe for that HD800 or LCD-2?
wink_face.gif
  The LCD-2 realy is a great headphone, great bass end very detailed without ever being too harsh even at high volume.

Nov 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #15,809 of 41,464
  What the crap? How did I not know that Schiit had gone black? 
eek.gif

The black lyr would be nice!! But dang, I'd have to sell my current lyr and buy brand new. 
frown.gif

No No No.....You need both....Side by side!  
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #15,810 of 41,464

Great looking set up. My advice would be... Sell your Beyers and AKG's then get an HD800. The HD800's are very versatile and make everything sound amazing. The LCD2's won't be that much better than your Denon's and 650's. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back