Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #15,451 of 41,143
I hope u guys don't buy headphones based on their looks, very silly

I'm sure this is not the case for most head-fiers, but you of all people can appreciate cosmetics.  Look at the stunning headphone stand in your profile pic. 
beerchug.gif

Form is almost as important as function and of you are sending what many of us are on our rigs you should get both!

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #15,452 of 41,143
I wager that Audeze wouldn't have sold half as many headphones as they have, if the didn't look like they do..

Asthetics may not be as important as sound quality but you just need to look at speaker design to see what attracts buyers. 

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #15,454 of 41,143
  Latest addition  some sennheiser HD540 reference gold's , liking the sound so far

Digging the stand, fits the retro theme you got going on :) What finish is that, golden oak?

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #15,457 of 41,143
  I wager that Audeze wouldn't have sold half as many headphones as they have, if the didn't look like they do..

Asthetics may not be as important as sound quality but you just need to look at speaker design to see what attracts buyers. 

It seems opinions are split on the aesthetics of the LCD-3.  It's well known HD800's (and others) are more comfortable, and I've read plenty of opinions that indicate preference for their looks too.  I'd wager people are buying Audezes for their sound.

Oct 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #15,459 of 41,143

Nice to see something from our little "world" (CZ/SK), it's not very often to find any word on Casea equipment around here.
Very clean looking setup as well (unlike my mess :wink: )

Mm yes unknown company here..
Thanks:), "(unlike my mess :wink: )" do you mean as most commercial things? :D just kidding

Clean as a whistle - nice pics

Thanks)

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #15,460 of 41,143
  Mm yes unknown company here..
Thanks:), "(unlike my mess :wink: )" do you mean as most commercial things? :D just kidding

Thanks)

I am not really aware of having that many commercial things (well, if you are considering anniversary models as commerce then I am guilty of having thing or two - but especially W3000ANV hits my sweet spot, both sonically and aesthetically, it's certainly more to them than just simple commercial hype), maybe cables but I am not the first owner of most of them, thus I got them pretty "cheap", mostly ~50% off from what they had been originally bought for. I could not justify spending $1000 on one pair of RCA cables, but buying them used for 250€ is surely worth the money, no matter how commercialized they would be. And even if - who cares, as long as it rocks my socks off it is only thing that matters at the end :)

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #15,461 of 41,143

It seems opinions are split on the aesthetics of the LCD-3.  It's well known HD800's (and others) are more comfortable, and I've read plenty of opinions that indicate preference for their looks too.  I'd wager people are buying Audezes for their sound.

+1. They sure as hell aint buyin them for superior comfort 
wink_face.gif

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #15,463 of 41,143
Thanks! It's a pretty basic set-up that sounds pretty good. I've had some higher end gear in the past but i think i've settled on these. I think the HF-2 really plays well with the Magni as well.

Gish is a great album ans probably my favorite pumkins album.

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #15,464 of 41,143
When I tried the LCD2's I thought they were pretty comfy.

Oct 23, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #15,465 of 41,143
When I tried the LCD2's I thought they were pretty comfy.

They are comfy for a bit but then the weight starts to set in and the pressure at the top of your head builds up a little.  But non the less I loved mine anyway.  The LCD3's are a little better because they don't clamp as much either thanks to the softer pads.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back