Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #15,361 of 41,192
@Longbowbbs . Yes . Definitely yes. Very good combination. Mine is an old one without any headphone output and its sounds very well. I listened to way more hi end dac this saturday ( TEAC UD 501 and Audio GD ref5) and my old an low-fi dacmagic really does a good job. Neutral, slightly warm and smooth sound .. good combo with HD800. Nevertheless, the Audio GD reference 5 is very impressive with HD800 IMO :wink:.   I compared my amps too . And both MG head and  Corda Jazz competed very well against such amps as trafomatic Head one and a HDVD800 ( this last amp gives in my opinion the best result with an impressive authority but it's not "night and day" compared to my cheaper amps ). I didn't heard any improvement from the trafomatic against my old MG head. 
I'm definitely happy with my current rig.  
beerchug.gif

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #15,362 of 41,192
Oct 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #15,363 of 41,192
  @Longbowbbs . Yes . Definitely yes. Very good combination. Mine is an old one without any headphone output and its sounds very well. I listened to way more hi end dac this saturday ( TEAC UD 501 and Audio GD ref5) and my old an low-fi dacmagic really does a good job. Neutral, slightly warm and smooth sound .. good combo with HD800. Nevertheless, the Audio GD reference 5 is very impressive with HD800 IMO :wink:.   I compared my amps too . And both MG head and  Corda Jazz competed very well against such amps as trafomatic Head one and a HDVD800 ( this last amp gives in my opinion the best result with an impressive authority but it's not "night and day" compared to my cheaper amps ). I didn't heard any improvement from the trafomatic against my old MG head. 
I'm definitely happy with my current rig.  
beerchug.gif

Good to hear! I really enjoyed my DMPlus. They are a great value in the DAC arena!

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #15,365 of 41,192
  Get a server mate with this many drive lol.

It is my own server. Trust me, with the hardware thats inside it, it can do everything without breaking a sweat.

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #15,366 of 41,192
  Wow that looks awesome!

Thank You.

whirlwind it looks great together and I always wanted to hear MS Pro with MapleTree amps.

Thanks, I am thinking the MS Pro would sound fantastic with the MAD EAR

Yeah I'm a sucker for wood myself. Add a couple VU meters and then I'm really spoiled 
tongue.gif

LOL!

Classic set-up whirlwind

Yes, thank you....I talked to a lot of people about what amp to pair my RS1i with, and I kept getting the same answer about 75% of the time....so I figured, why not.

It truly is a magical combo....I am enjoying my RS1i more than ever.....I am very happy and really glad that I have this combo.

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #15,368 of 41,192

Those small tube amps have been showing up on head-fi like crazy the last few days. Sunrise, Bravo v2, and a few others. I cant help but wonder how it fairs with the HD800. If Im not mistaken, modification on those amps are done often?

Definitely looks nice 

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #15,369 of 41,192
I can't really speak for the bravo amps since I haven't tried one, but the garage 1217 amps are pretty high value. You could check out the project ember for the hd800

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #15,370 of 41,192
My room! The dacmagic+ was on loan from work (to do a comparison between the two), now I'm checking out the Music Hall 25.3. I'm in the process of buying a Rein Audio X-DAC, I'm very excited for that.

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #15,371 of 41,192
  My room! The dacmagic+ was on loan from work (to do a comparison between the two), now I'm checking out the Music Hall 25.3. I'm in the process of buying a Rein Audio X-DAC, I'm very excited for that.

Damn, nice set-up you got there brotha. Are those emotiva monitors?

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #15,375 of 41,192
That looks like an ironclad :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back