Shipping time range on Bugdenaudio.com
Dec 23, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #46 of 140

Quote:
Problem is that it can take weeks to cancel and you don't know where you stand with your funds or order. Like I said, I hope he gets it together as he does seem like a nice enough fellow and I can also be emphathetic but there seems to be little empathy for his customers when folks are at a Xmas crunch and have been given an impression by both payment and the web site that a wait was not part of the package.

That I can understand too, which is why I am clarifying that I don't expect the average customer to be as sympathetic as I felt. Especially with Christmas gifts. I have linked a message from Ethan from the DBA-02 thread that this is something he'll work on after he can afford the time. However, since everyone can do nothing but wait... you might as well wait while Ethan, with only a pair of eyes, go through that enormous list of e-mails. This is especially if your order has already been completed (then I do think that the wait is hardly Ethan's fault then, since he has already sent out the order).

Again, I am sorry that you guys feel frustrated over his business practice (haha, I don't even work for Bugdenaudio.com)... but my point remains the same: he will get back to you guys and he will not rip you guys off. I admit I don't understand what is cardozo talking about doing a "disservice" because I am only highlighting Ethan's perspective. If you guys prefer to complain without any sort of response (even if it is Ethan's old responses, which I have linked), then I'll bow my way out of this thread.

Dec 23, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #47 of 140
I'm good with that and when I ordered my DBAs, I was in no way impatient as I know delays happen when things aren't in stock but really, how much should you need to chase a guy to get your funds back. 2 emails with attached invoice returned 4 days apart and a phone call 4 days after that to give it time to process with nothing until I posted the issue here. Once you know he's been contacted verbally and nothing happens, what's the excuse? It was oops, I think I saw it and OK type of call where it would get done but I don't want to talk about it. If he needed more info or was busy, it's on him to ask for what's needed, at least look for the emails or ask to call back. The only thing that seems to work is bad press or a cancellation which isn't readily acknowledged.

I wasn't worried about getting ripped but come on, it wasn't exams at the time and the idea that my time chasing funds I wanted to use elsewhere is meaningless and only having empathy for the guy making a profit seems odd. I ended up spending more on something that came out before his shipment arrived. If it had arrived when stated, I would also have DBAs to choose from. Posting on the forum seems to have finally gotten those waiting here a response. It's not a coincidence and ridiculous.

Dec 23, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #48 of 140

Quote:
I'm good with that and when I ordered my DBAs, I was in no way impatient as I know delays happen when things aren't in stock but really, how much should you need to chase a guy to get your funds back. 2 emails with attached invoice returned 4 days apart and a phone call 4 days after that to give it time to process with nothing until I posted the issue here. I wasn't worried about getting ripped but come on, it wasn't exams at the time and the idea that my time chasing my funds I wanted to use elsewhere is meaningless and only having empathy for the guy making a profit seems odd. I ended up spending more on something that came out before his shipment arrived. If it had arrived when stated, I would also have DBAs to choose from. Posting on the forum seems to have finally gotten those waiting here a response. It's not a coincidence and ridiculous.

Ethan mentioned that his e-mails go overloaded, so he actually recommends people to look him up on Head-Fi. Imagine an e-mail list and they all have the same subject titles from different people. Missing out your e-mail is not too surprising in that case. I also been wondering... I am certain he is probably some sort of profit to keep the site running... however, how can you be sure it is over thousands dollars?

Anyway, I have pointed out Ethan's position very thoroughly at this point. I am going to bow out of this thread since this really isn't my business. Good luck waiting or chasing or whatever you are planning to do with your orders with Ethan.

Dec 23, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #49 of 140
Do the math. His prices are in line with other suppliers doing it for a living and he's sold 3 shipments worth of goods so far with lots of DBAs. If you doubt he's made thousands or will shortly, you just don't want too and I have absolutely no issue with that. Profit is good but you need to offer something for it.

He found my emails...eventually and it wasn't exams. My subject title had invoice # and refund in it. People can see if an email bounces so they are either delivered or not. and no one other than Ethan has mentioned not getting them. The phone call wasn't buried in an email system that is also not the customers responsibility to have function properly. I'm not trying to bury him here but I also can't accept 'dog ate my homework' type of excuses as a viable defence. I wasn't going to go to such detail but your posts are demanding clarification from mine. I also would have never posted about it again unless I felt it an obvious ongoing issue with other members needing reinforcement.

I can understand delays for him during exams but that wasn't the case with me and anything over a week is unacceptable under any circumstances. Perhaps his mail box would be less congested if he read and answered them more often. All that said, I'd order from him again if he was the only source for what I wanted but I would prefer to go elsewhere just in case there was some follow up required. I can only imagine the hassle of recovering from a lost package which requires diligent follow up from the shipper. 

Dec 23, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #50 of 140
Just an observation: Ethan may be too busy, but the site remains active and things in the Bugden Audio remain to be announced there.

Dear MaxwellDemon, please be nice to me too.

Obs: My phone has not arrived yet.

Peter

Dec 23, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #51 of 140
My Sunrise Xcapes just arrived, one week after receiving the "your order has been processed" notification.

Dec 23, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #52 of 140
As I expect most do when in stock. Nobody has implied any rip offs or things not going well when all the ducks are in a row. I'm sure a huge majority could post as you did. Hope you like them.
bigsmile_face.gif
2 pair of DBA's. Now that's the right kind of backup for something you like. I'd still like to try a pair some time.

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #53 of 140
I have just received my Sunrise Xscape 30 min ago. I now know the reason why the delivery takes awhile. It appears that Ethan or the USPS guy put my zip code wrong, instead of 94132 he put 94732. I bet that is the problem why the shipment took a bit longer. A shipping with tracking number or any sort of tracking will solve this problem faster (happened to me several times mostly due to sender error). So, overall, I am happy with my Xscape. 
etysmile.gif

Dec 25, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #55 of 140
Quote:
who order dba-02 In december have received?

I purchase on 12/2.

Now,I don't receive yet.
I don't know my package that may be lost.
confused_face(1).gif

Were the DBA-02's identified as "In Stock" when you ordered them? I haven't seen them In Stock for several months (not that I look all that often).

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #56 of 140

Quote:
Quote:
who order dba-02 In december have received?

I purchase on 12/2.

Now,I don't receive yet.
I don't know my package that may be lost.
confused_face(1).gif

Were the DBA-02's identified as "In Stock" when you ordered them? I haven't seen them In Stock for several months (not that I look all that often).

basshead.gif

really?
DBA-02 in stock awhile  at the beginning of December on bugden audio and my order have been completed by Ethan on 12/14.

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #58 of 140
Nice Erish hope u like the dba-02 I'm loving my Xcape

Jan 11, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #60 of 140
One month and 11 days after the email that my headphones was sent, I keep waiting. None of my DBA-02, which has already been paid. The emails I sent to Ethan continue without being answered. And the final straw is that yesterday I received my Arrow headphone amplifier, who was dispatched from Germany on December 17. So I have no other alternative than to open a dispute on Paypal.

Now, its not my problem anymore.

Cheers,

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back