Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #19 of 339
As a moderator, i would like to encourage folks to have a balanced view which I feel we don’t have yet.

I appreciate JohnSZ joining HF now to share his experience highlight with us, but I think we need to hear from Woo Audio’s side before making any conclusions.

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #20 of 339
As a moderator, i would like to encourage folks to have a balanced view which I feel we don’t have yet.

I appreciate JohnSZ joining HF now to share his experience highlight with us, but I think we need to hear from Woo Audio’s side before making any conclusions.
Thanks! I would love to hear what they would like to say about this.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/do-not-buy-woo-audios-products-and-heres-why.938266/
A friend of mine who knows about this incident felt he can't just watching any more jumped in and help me to summarized it.
I don't know what Woo will EXPLAIN. Judging from all contact with them so far. It is NEVER their fault. They tried to blame everyone( me, Drew from Moon Audio, and all users who they define are using their product the in a non officially supported way) and everything(Moon's cable, JPS's cable, Diana Phi, SE100, AND any DAP w/o true 5pole WITH intend to LO with other deivces) but their product nor their *true pentaconn* design.
I swear I talked to Mike twice about WA11, and I heard 'Pentaconn' no less than 20times...

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #21 of 339

I've seen them blaming their clients more than one time.

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #22 of 339
Regarding the Pentaconn connection’s GND pin, it is true that some DAPs leave it unconnected/floating such as the Sony WM1A/Z. But there are other DAPs that do connect the 5th pole to GND such as the Lotoo LPGT and Fiio M11 Pro. I also believe iBasso DAPs connect them too, so yeah it depends on which DAP you use.

What is a correct cable to use under these circumstances? When you don’t have a GND from the 2.5mm output or your 4.4mm DAP’s output port also leave it floating. Check out the adaptors PW Audio made for AK players to 4.4mm & also their Sony ground pin adaptor.
Thanks for the info. I think that's up for the debate between Moon Audio and Woo Audio. As Drew told me he 'strongly disagree' of Woo's claim.
Guess I am just that unlucky customer who got stuck in between.
I have no problem with Moon Audio thus far and think they are handling the matter in a professional manner, can't say the same about Woo...:sweat:

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #23 of 339
Thanks for the info. I think that's up for the debate between Moon Audio and Woo Audio. As Drew told me he 'strongly disagree' of Woo's claim.
Guess I am just that unlucky customer who got stuck in between.
I have no problem with Moon Audio thus far and think they are handling the matter in a professional manner, can't say the same about Woo...:sweat:

Yes, I feel bad for your situation but it’s really up to WooAudio to explain what could happen without that GND pin connected. It is their design after all.

Hope everything turns out for the best!

Jul 25, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #26 of 339
Have been using this combo for a year and no problems at all. All the way from Hugo2 6.35 to BA300S 4.4 and A100 2.5. It's just crazy to see a company blame their customers for design flaws. Considering Woo's long history of defect portable DAC/AMP, I am not surprised if they blocked your call LOL.

Attachments

• 6091270a9c786296aa05c6783e1816b.jpg
    6091270a9c786296aa05c6783e1816b.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 25, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #27 of 339
Yes, I feel bad for your situation but it’s really up to WooAudio to explain what could happen without that GND pin connected. It is their design after all.

Hope everything turns out for the best!

There is.not.much he can do hes stuck to repair it at hes own cost !
Pricey and unlucky mistake I can call this.

Jul 25, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #28 of 339
Blocking your calling? What a great idea of solving problem, Lmao.
Customers can't complain if they can't call you. 200 IQ.

Have been using this combo for a year and no problems at all. All the way from Hugo2 6.35 to BA300S 4.4 and A100 2.5. It's just crazy to see a company blame their customers for design flaws. Considering Woo's long history of defect portable DAC/AMP, I am not surprised if they blocked your call LOL.
BA300S is a great amp. Sounds miles better than WA11 imo

Jul 25, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #29 of 339
Hoping to see Woo Audio response to this.

Sending a balanced (4 pole) to line in could damage the WA11 is certainly concerning, as this is a rather normal usage (connecting DAP balanced out to line in).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back