Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #31 of 339
I don't wish to pass judgement this early in the game, but this does not reflect very well on Woo Audio and its employees. With that said, Michael's customer-service skills are severely lacking, IMO; if you can't handle a (slightly) irate client, and for good reason, too, please, leave the service interactions to someone who is qualified to do so.

Jul 25, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #33 of 339
I've dealt with Mike before when my DAC kept going bad on my WA8. He's a nice guy, but his go to response is to blame the cable. He told me my USB cable was bad because it had ferrite cores on it and properly made USB cables do not need those! When I sent my WA8 in they had to replace the entire DAC section a few times until *I* discovered that it was their power supply making the DAC go bad over and over again. I asked for them to swap out the power supply and never had another issue. They kept blaming my cables.

TLDR: They always blame the cable.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #34 of 339
This is absolutely sucky beyond and if Woo audio doesn't respond i have to say they should be blacklisted!
This is a premium, portable product that switches off every time i change headphones due to some shortcut after which we are supposed to connect to power again, how would i do this when I'm out??
This issue reg zero support for a premium product costing this much is gonna bring a bad reputation for the manufacturer, that's all that's gonna happen here!

Jul 25, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #35 of 339
I've dealt with Mike before when my DAC kept going bad on my WA8. He's a nice guy, but his go to response is to blame the cable. He told me my USB cable was bad because it had ferrite cores on it and properly made USB cables do not need those! When I sent my WA8 in they had to replace the entire DAC section a few times until *I* discovered that it was their power supply making the DAC go bad over and over again. I asked for them to swap out the power supply and never had another issue. They kept blaming my cables.

TLDR: They always blame the cable.
I laughed when I read it.

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #37 of 339
Wow, so I am striking woo audio from my list. Thank you for sharing this.

Jul 26, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #38 of 339
Wow, so I am striking woo audio from my list. Thank you for sharing this.
@WooAudio any thoughts on this matter? I was considering buying a WA11, now I don’t know if I want to anymore.

Jul 27, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #39 of 339
Thank you all for taking the time to read, reply, and share your own thoughts and experiences.

I will not make any assumption as the evidence speaks for themselves.

Just a few questions:
What are the issues in this incident?
Does it seem like they really solved the issues?
Did they give a proper explanation or even an apology?
Does this inspire confidence to purchase products or services from them?

Here comes the update:
3.jpg

Well, I hope this is the end of the problem, at least in terms of the repair of my WA11, at this time.

Thank you again for your time and attention.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Edit:
Moon Audio later on the same day has shipped a new cable to me. Everything so far with Moon Audio has been polite and professional. No hassle, no accusation, no additional charge.

When I asked what was the problem and why a new cable was made, Drew from Moon Audio replied:
Moon's action.png

As you see, I would like to give a special thanks to Drew from Moon Audio for handling the matter in a professional manner. Both to me and to Woo Audio.
I can see Drew puts customer satisfaction and professionalism before anything else, which is a textbook example of how to run a business.

That been said, I think this raised even more questions to Woo Audio's product and behavior.

Hopefully, we will find out in the near future.

Added 7/29:
Latest email exchanges at Page 9.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #41 of 339
If you want to know more details about this, come here (updated on page 2)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/do-not-buy-woo-audios-products-and-heres-why.938266/
I'm just glad that my friend helped me posting, I don't think *it* will be 'solved' as quickly without putting pressure on Woo.
As for the results? You be the judge.
I'm just glad to have a way out at this point. Tired:sweat:

This is absolutely sucky beyond and if Woo audio doesn't respond i have to say they should be blacklisted!
This is a premium, portable product that switches off every time i change headphones due to some shortcut after which we are supposed to connect to power again, how would i do this when I'm out??
This issue reg zero support for a premium product costing this much is gonna bring a bad reputation for the manufacturer, that's all that's gonna happen here!
Woo Audio sucks if this is how they handle their patrons.
Hoping to see Woo Audio response to this.

Sending a balanced (4 pole) to line in could damage the WA11 is certainly concerning, as this is a rather normal usage (connecting DAP balanced out to line in).
There is.not.much he can do hes stuck to repair it at hes own cost !
Pricey and unlucky mistake I can call this.
Yes, I feel bad for your situation but it’s really up to WooAudio to explain what could happen without that GND pin connected. It is their design after all.

Hope everything turns out for the best!
I've seen them blaming their clients more than one time.

Jul 27, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #42 of 339
Woow speechless experience! I cant believe this!

I never owned woo audio before and reading all this omg maybe never....

And what about those customers with the w22 and all those super expensive gear... do they get good customer service?

Jul 27, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #45 of 339
Wow. My sympathies with John.
It is irritating enough to have expensive equipment go bad and on top of that if the manufacturer starts to play the blame game instead of diligently honoring their aftersales (even if the product is out of warranty), it can be an exhausting and distasteful experience.

I really don't think that John should've gone through any of this and Woo certainly owes an explanation for their utterly absurd behaviour.

Woo products have enjoyed a certain respect in the audio community and the company has been selling items in the higher end price brackets. Reading from the emails above it is clear that this issue was not dealt with in the right manner and if this is the case with other people as well, I would be extremely doubtful of ever buying anything from Woo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back