Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2020 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 339

Vitaly2017

Headphoneus Supremus
My WA11 is broken now, Woo is trying to say the Moon Audio's cable has a wrong connection.
I have asked them to provide me a return label. They refused and told me that they are giving 'free consulting' about their problem. Will cover all fees for inspection, repair(if needed), and get it back to me for free.
So I sent my Diana Phi(w/ JPS 4.4mm upgrade cable), WA11 to them at my own cost.
Guess what?
They are asking me money for all three parts(inspection, repair, shipping.) Saying they have nothing wrong but it is all my fault and Moon Audio's cable's fault.

I tried to call them after they denied everything in email. But they didn't answer and then BLOCK my phone #.

What a great company...

Moon audio ? Made a bad connection solder and it made a short?

Jul 24, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 339
Moon audio ? Made a bad connection solder and it made a short?
Moon Audio's cable worked just fine for a while, I don't know the exact reason why WA11 quit function as normal randomly.

While Mike told me on the phone there won't be any charge except I have to pay for the return shipping(and by answering me, he gave free consulting already). That was last Friday afternoon, and I did so Saturday.

Today Mike told me ' We tested your WA11 topaz and found that the analog section has shorted out and is damaged. The repair cost is $200 which covers $80 inspection, $90 parts & labor, and $30 return shipping. '

Then Jack jumped out and told me: ' Your amp is working intermittently that sometimes the left or right channel cut out. It is unknown what is causing the problem. If you have decided to have it repaired, we are more than happy to do so. If you'd like us to send them back as is, we can do that as well. '

Since then they stop answering my email and when I tried to call, they blocked my phone #.

Jul 24, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 339
Basically, Mike from Woo told me on the phone that no DAP's Balance LO is directly supported by WA11, not even Sony NW-WM1Z (except Lotoo Paw Touch).
'It has to be 5-pole and marked able to LO to another device(not just intended for Headphones)'

When I asked about people are doing 2.5↔4.4 all the time, He said:
'Everybody is doing it doesn't make it a supported function'

I did ask Moon Audio before I bought their 2.5 to 4.4 cable and stated that I need a cable from SE100 LO to WA11. Moon Audio told me there shouldn't be any problem with this setup.

I will post more details later.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #4 of 339
Basically, Mike from Woo told me on the phone that no DAP's Balance LO is directly supported by WA11, not even Sony NW-WM1Z (except Lotoo Paw Touch).
'It has to be 5-pole and marked able to LO to another device(not just intended for Headphones)'

When I asked about people are doing 2.5↔4.4 all the time, He said:
'Everybody is doing it doesn't make it a supported function'

I did ask Moon Audio before I bought their 2.5 to 4.4 cable and stated that I need a cable from SE100 LO to WA11. Moon Audio told me there shouldn't be any problem with this setup.

I will post more details later.

Well it is an unfair situation I can totally understand your frustration here.
Reading from you wrote Mike might have a point if it is not supported then its just a matter of time when it will break down....

Maybe moon audio to was disappointed and let you down cause it wasnt theire fault that wa11 is designed this way. But definitely they should of gave you better service then just blocking you....

I am no expert but I think no daps are using the 5th pole in the 4.4mm jack and if wa11 needs it then maybe it caused a problem...

Also I know sony users are using wm1 daps 4.4 to wa11 and never heard a single problem!

I wished you luck buddy but better get your wa11 repaired by woo audio than a second party company....

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 339
Well it is an unfair situation I can totally understand your frustration here.
Reading from you wrote Mike might have a point if it is not supported then its just a matter of time when it will break down....

Maybe moon audio to was disappointed and let you down cause it wasnt theire fault that wa11 is designed this way. But definitely they should of gave you better service then just blocking you....

I am no expert but I think no daps are using the 5th pole in the 4.4mm jack and if wa11 needs it then maybe it caused a problem...

Also I know sony users are using wm1 daps 4.4 to wa11 and never heard a single problem!

I wished you luck buddy but better get your wa11 repaired by woo audio than a second party company....

Thanks bro! The 'last straw' that pissed me off today is after all those unnecessary dramas I put up with. They are still giving me more trouble, and very rude/childish just say'I'm DONE talking to you' and block my contacts.

Woo just keeps changing what their mind. From the cause of the issue to how much we agreed to pay.

About your Sony DAP's, according to Mike's statement, if you're not using a true 5-pole ground(maybe double connection at DAP), Woo can just always blame it on you if anything happens to WA11.

I'm just telling you what Woo claimed, I think it should be valid caution to stop using anything with WA11 unless it completely fits Pentaconn's spec and WA11's design parameters. OR they can BS you all they want, all day long.:sob:I'm the 5th person I know in my group who Woo give BS to.

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 339
Woo Audio is the most irresponsible seller and lied to their customer regularly if you have any wishes to purchase anything from Woo, I recommend you not to unless you want to get scammed. Here's the full story:

So about a few weeks ago, a friend of mine ran into so trouble with his portable rig. The left and right channels have unbalanced volumes, and it very obvious that something's wrong with the rig. WA11 to his Diana Phi, all purchased from Woo Audio, and the interconnection cable were purchased from Moon Audio, He consulted with Drew from Moon Audio and specifically requested a cable for Astell Kern SE100 to WA11. Moon Audio guaranteed there would be no issue with the cable.

Here's the link to his measurement recording about channel imbalance: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ox8ukr6f0q5bjqu/WA11 USB DIANA PHI.aac?dl=0

He was having trouble when troubleshooting the problem within the rig, so he contacted Woo Audio as he purchased the headphone, amp, and even the Super Conductor cable for Diana Phi from Woo. First, he contacted Woo, Woo responded with the issue was caused by the Black Dragon cable itself, as the 4-poles not compatible with 5-poles. He contacted Moon regarding this issue, and Moon Audio's customer service confirmed that such a connection shouldn't cause any issues. During the last phone call with Mike from Woo, my friend also asked for a free returning label, Mike responded with how the CONSULTING is free, and Woo will cover the inspection and repairing, the only thing he needs to pay is the shipping from his home. Mike told my friend to tell Drew from Moon Audio how they are doing the cable wrong, and how they should correct their cable design. So naturally, my friend contacted Drew from Moon and Drew strongly disagree with the statement of the issue caused by the Black Dragon. Here's the first part about Woo putting the blame on Moon Audio
respond from woo black dragon.jpg

As a logical person, my friend created an email chain here including Moon Audio, so Woo and Moon can discuss this incident with each other regarding whether Black Dragon caused the issue.
And hers's the twist: Woo disregarded all their comment of how black dragon caused the issue. While still claiming the cable is not the correct configuration and even trying to sell my friend another $300 cable made by Woo, on top of the extra $200 they suddenly want my friend to pay.

It doesn't even make any sense regarding what is broken. Mike claimed the analog circuit is broken, while Jack then states the problem is unknown.

There are two screenshots of the emails.
moon woo in email chain.jpg

1.jpg

Woo completely changed their comment regarding how Black Dragon cause the issue once my friend put Moon Audio into the email chain, really?

So basically Woo Audio straight up lied to my friend and putting blame on others.

Attachments

• scam.jpg
    scam.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 0
  • scam.jpg
    scam.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 339
Now Woo is holding my friend's Diana Phi w/ JPS upgraded cable and WA11, while Moon Audio just got the cable back for inspection. Woo has stopped answering my friend's email and implying that he either has to take all Woo's words and pay to get it fixed or send it back to him w/o repairing.
Woo didn't answer the phone call from my friend today, and it looks like they even blocked his phone number.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4x4ywdt98f5hd5z/7c5170178068c8be46f5184c74ed482d.mp4?dl=0

Update 7/27: Post #24 on Page 2 added by my friend John himself.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/do-...cts-and-heres-why.938266/page-2#post-15765369

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 339
Thanks bro! The 'last straw' that pissed me off today is after all those unnecessary dramas I put up with. They are still giving me more trouble, and very rude/childish just say'I'm DONE talking to you' and block my contacts.

Woo just keeps changing what their mind. From the cause of the issue to how much we agreed to pay.

About your Sony DAP's, according to Mike's statement, if you're not using a true 5-pole ground(maybe double connection at DAP), Woo can just always blame it on you if anything happens to WA11.

I'm just telling you what Woo claimed, I think it should be valid caution to stop using anything with WA11 unless it completely fits Pentaconn's spec and WA11's design parameters. OR they can BS you all they want, all day long.:sob:I'm the 5th person I know in my group who Woo give BS to.

Thats a very sad truth thanks for sharing. I will now be more cautious toward woo as this no good way to threat customers! No matter what product you need service with!

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #9 of 339
:dt880smile:WadaHiFi, Thanks for Help your brother out!
Woo's actions throughout this incident are unethical and unfair to me as a consumer and to Moon Audio as an 'industry partner.'
I just can't believe how difficult and complex they made a simple case of product repair to be...

Edit 7/30:
I strongly encourage anyone who wishes to post a reply in this thread to take a look at my post #270 first, thank you!

Here is a Head-Fier who put together a shorter version of this case at post #265 if you are confused or want to save some time.

Edit 7/31:

For your viewing pleasure and time, and keeping this thread on its intended topic.
Please consider using the following and skip the posts revolving around that one person. (This is only an honest suggestion)

He’s a troll and you’re playing right into his hand.

Go to his profile, click the “ignore” button and never hear from him again.

Or just click
here to ignore Mediahound.

Added 8/8:

A simplified timeline of case updates for this thread:

7/24(pg 1-2): Started by my friend WadaHiFi, this is the initial update. small discussions were merged from other places later.

7/27(pg 3): Another update of emails by me. Moon Audio has already shipped a new cable to me.

7/28 (pg 4-7) evening: Mike and Woo Audio replied to this thread.

7/29 (pg 7-18): The last big update on emails. A Woo Audio's Affiliate 'Mediahound' showed up and started trolling people and attempted to destroy this thread for the next few days(He did took down the affiliation links when people discovered that). He did succeed in destroy and derail this thread as it resulted in the thread got locked.

7/30 and 7/31: Some questions were answered by me. Thread got locked and troll stuff was cleaned by MODs(Thank you for your service!)

8/8: Last update.

Added 8/8 later:
Woo Audio and Abyss showed up again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back