Shanling M6 Player - New version with ESS DACs coming soon
May 13, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #1,411 of 1,456
It's not the subject of this thread. Please, open a new one if you want speak about another device.
You signed up the day before yesterday and you have 3 messages here on Head-fi and you scold me for my consideration perhaps made in the wrong place. Congratulations and welcome.

May 13, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #1,412 of 1,456
I'm sorry to say but by now the daps are dead ... now after the release of dongles like the Cayin RU6 there is no reason to buy a dap. With a powerphone and a RU6 you have everything you need to surpass almost any dap on the market.
Yes, it seems that way in the surface but dongles chew through phone batteries. I tried the phone dongle thing but im sticking to my M6 Pro 21!

Jun 4, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #1,415 of 1,456
It was reported to software team, no recommendations for now.

Hi, Shanling, I bought Shanling M6pro 21, three weeks ago. I listened It before going to bed and fell asleep. During the night, the player ran out of battery. I couldn't turn it on in the morning. It does not respond to keystrokes. I tried charging it with different chargers and cables for some time. The player is not charging. I have a brick.
What can be done to solve this problem? I am very disappointed. This is not a cheap device. Three weeks of use and that's it? I am waiting for your recommendations on how to fix the problem.

PS
This is my second Shanling player. I used to have a M2S player that I liked, but It was burned out after another charge. It could not be repaired. IT served me for 2 years

Jun 4, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #1,416 of 1,456
Hi, Shanling, I bought Shanling M6pro 21, three weeks ago. I listened It before going to bed and fell asleep. During the night, the player ran out of battery. I couldn't turn it on in the morning. It does not respond to keystrokes. I tried charging it with different chargers and cables for some time. The player is not charging. I have a brick.
What can be done to solve this problem? I am very disappointed. This is not a cheap device. Three weeks of use and that's it? I am waiting for your recommendations on how to fix the problem.

PS
This is my second Shanling player. I used to have a M2S player that I liked, but It was burned out after another charge. It could not be repaired. IT served me for 2 years
I would recommend sending it back to the shop and having it exchanged or refunded...without waiting any longer.

Jun 4, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #1,417 of 1,456

PS
One of the common recommendations for your situation is to simply plug your Shanling into a low power charging source for several hours, like a PC's USB port. Let it be for a while and try it after some hours.

Jun 4, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #1,418 of 1,456
One of the common recommendations for your situation is to simply plug your Shanling into a low power charging source for several hours, like a PC's USB port. Let it be for a while and try it after some hours.
Thanks for your reply. I will try to charge it more. Everything happened last morning. It's plugged to different chargers since then.
I've had same problem with Cain i5 after 3 years of useage. Changed battery finally and it works nice. I'm glad, that I didn't sell it.
I'm sorry that I didn't buy Hiby r6 iii instead of M6PRO 21. It has 12 Android and cheaper. Anybody can compare them soundwise?

Jun 4, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #1,419 of 1,456
Hopefully you can get your Pro 21 going again. I have the exact same one for the last couple of years and it is a great device. It doesn't have the speed and later Android like the Hiby R6 III but it's fast enough and has a fantastic sound signature plus good headroom (760mW) out of balanced outputs.

My battery is still going OK at this point but I can see signs that it's starting to weaken. The other eventual downside it its Android 7.1.1 but so far it's able to still do Tidal, UAPP and Neutron which is about all I need other than the stock player. Anyway, good luck, I think it will be worth it for you to get it operational. @Shanling should reply at some point and he may have some other options too.

There is also a dedicated M6 Pro/Pro 21 thread here too in case you didn't know:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shanling-m6-pro-new-version-coming-summer-2021.927985/

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #1,420 of 1,456
Hopefully you can get your Pro 21 going again. I have the exact same one for the last couple of years and it is a great device. It doesn't have the speed and later Android like the Hiby R6 III but it's fast enough and has a fantastic sound signature plus good headroom (760mW) out of balanced outputs.

My battery is still going OK at this point but I can see signs that it's starting to weaken. The other eventual downside it its Android 7.1.1 but so far it's able to still do Tidal, UAPP and Neutron which is about all I need other than the stock player. Anyway, good luck, I think it will be worth it for you to get it operational. @Shanling should reply at some point and he may have some other options too.

There is also a dedicated M6 Pro/Pro 21 thread here too in case you didn't know:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/shanling-m6-pro-new-version-coming-summer-2021.927985/
I didn't know about dedicated thread. Thank you.

My problem solved by holding the power button down for 30 seconds. Thanks to the people from the other thread.

I didn't expect hardware issues from new device. I think the problem is related with a bad battery. Dont like Android 7
I will try to get rid of M6pro 21 and get Hiby R6III If I like the sound

Jul 10, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #1,421 of 1,456
My M6 took a tumble, and now something's rattling loose inside of it. The player still works, just whatever broke loose can apparently interfere with audio output, creating deafening crackles and pops, which go away when I shake the player gently. Charges all right, otherwise audio quality is doing fine.

Now how can I get this repaired? I contacted the local Ubreakifix and they say they won't do it due to parts sourcing issues. I'm not even sure there are any parts needed, I just need someone to open the damn thing and put whatever came off back in place. As it is, the player is technically functional, but those cracks and pops are so loud it makes the whole thing somewhat unsafe to use if I want to keep my hearing. Any advice there?

Jul 10, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #1,422 of 1,456
My M6 took a tumble, and now something's rattling loose inside of it. The player still works, just whatever broke loose can apparently interfere with audio output, creating deafening crackles and pops, which go away when I shake the player gently. Charges all right, otherwise audio quality is doing fine.

Now how can I get this repaired? I contacted the local Ubreakifix and they say they won't do it due to parts sourcing issues. I'm not even sure there are any parts needed, I just need someone to open the damn thing and put whatever came off back in place. As it is, the player is technically functional, but those cracks and pops are so loud it makes the whole thing somewhat unsafe to use if I want to keep my hearing. Any advice there?
Sometimes parts will be required to simply reassemble an item so without more knowledge, I understand why they won't. I'd get whatever driver is needed to open it and be careful myself. Seems obvious that something metal is randomly touching electronics in there and causing shorts. Not good.

Jul 10, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #1,423 of 1,456
Sometimes parts will be required to simply reassemble an item so without more knowledge, I understand why they won't. I'd get whatever driver is needed to open it and be careful myself. Seems obvious that something metal is randomly touching electronics in there and causing shorts. Not good.
The issue is that the M6 is a screwless design, so I would likely need to get a heat mat or gun and a spudger to pry the damn thing open. This design isn't exactly inviting for end user repairs. :/

Jul 10, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #1,424 of 1,456

The issue is that the M6 is a screwless design, so I would likely need to get a heat mat or gun and a spudger to pry the damn thing open. This design isn't exactly inviting for end user repairs. :/

Opening M6 is easier than opening pretty much all modern phones. Most of time just a decent suction cup is enough to open the back.

For rattling inside after fall, most likely candidate is some inner shielding.

If you can't find anybody local to do at least the basic check, the player can be sent to us for out-of-warranty repair.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 10, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #1,425 of 1,456
Opening M6 is easier than opening pretty much all modern phones. Most of time just a decent suction cup is enough to open the back.

For rattling inside after fall, most likely candidate is some inner shielding.

If you can't find anybody local to do at least the basic check, the player can be sent to us for out-of-warranty repair.
Huh. Ok, I went and ordered a suction cup for phone repair. I'll let you know how that goes. Thanks for the suggestion.

...in unrelated issues: the volume wheel on the M6 has been acting weird for a while now, randomly dialing the volume either up or down, regardless of which direction I turn it to. However, the same thing is happening with the volume wheel on my (equally ageing) A&norma SR15. So I'm wondering if that's some sort of Android issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back