Shanling M6 Player - New version with ESS DACs coming soon
Nov 1, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #1,441 of 1,456
Yes, sorry, I did try and delete that question, as I'd figured it out. "Properties/Tools" etc, but it said it didn't need fixing, I did it anyway and... no change. Poweramp will bring all the albums up but the artwork isn't always there or takes ages to load while USB still only brings up empty generic artwork with names but nothing behind them, and the new one (whatever it's called) can't even seem arsed to find any music at all.
I imagine you have a backup copy of your music on your PC... if so, all you have to do is format the microSD and copy everything onto it again... and/or try another microSD to understand if the problem is the card or the M6... once this is done, if it doesn't solve the problem, all that remains is to format the M6...

Nov 3, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #1,442 of 1,456
I imagine you have a backup copy of your music on your PC... if so, all you have to do is format the microSD and copy everything onto it again... and/or try another microSD to understand if the problem is the card or the M6... once this is done, if it doesn't solve the problem, all that remains is to format the M6...
Okay, did a quick re-format of both microSD cards and reloaded the music, but it's still pretty erratic. USB player seemed fine at first, but then the song I was playing stuck, like an old vinyl record, playing the same phrase repeatedly. PowerAmp kept populating the artist list, then unpopulating it, then refusing to find anything, then playing one song deceptively fine before getting confused as to what was supposed to happen next and then shutting down. It's all still glitching, just in a very different way. So...is reformating the M6 itself the next option? How is that done? thanks all.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #1,443 of 1,456
Okay, did a quick re-format of both microSD cards and reloaded the music, but it's still pretty erratic. USB player seemed fine at first, but then the song I was playing stuck, like an old vinyl record, playing the same phrase repeatedly. PowerAmp kept populating the artist list, then unpopulating it, then refusing to find anything, then playing one song deceptively fine before getting confused as to what was supposed to happen next and then shutting down. It's all still glitching, just in a very different way. So...is reformating the M6 itself the next option? How is that done? thanks all.
Before reformatting everything, try another application... like Hiby Music, or UAPP (paid) to see if it does the same things... it seems more like an app problem from how you describe it... also because at the beginning everything is ok and then everything gets corrupted... if the problem was hardware it should get corrupted right from the start. Also try clearing the data cache in the M6's internal storage.

Nov 3, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #1,444 of 1,456
Before reformatting everything, try another application... like Hiby Music, or UAPP (paid) to see if it does the same things... it seems more like an app problem from how you describe it... also because at the beginning everything is ok and then everything gets corrupted... if the problem was hardware it should get corrupted right from the start. Also try clearing the data cache in the M6's internal storage.
Hi, thanks for this. UAPP is the other app, the one I keep referring to as "USB", I just keep forgetting the name. I think (fingers crossed) I've done it, and you were kind of right. Having re-formatted and reloaded both the cards, it was still giving me problems, but I then uninstalled the new app (whose name I forget) and, since then, everything seems to have been running smoothly. I suspect that the primary glitch was fixed by the reformat, but the new app's attempt to scan all the files while I was trying to open up any other app was eating up the memory and confusing my dear old M6, causing it to glitch in a different way. Thanks so much for everyone's help and patience. I'm hoping that's the end of it!

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #1,445 of 1,456
Hi, thanks for this. UAPP is the other app, the one I keep referring to as "USB", I just keep forgetting the name. I think (fingers crossed) I've done it, and you were kind of right. Having re-formatted and reloaded both the cards, it was still giving me problems, but I then uninstalled the new app (whose name I forget) and, since then, everything seems to have been running smoothly. I suspect that the primary glitch was fixed by the reformat, but the new app's attempt to scan all the files while I was trying to open up any other app was eating up the memory and confusing my dear old M6, causing it to glitch in a different way. Thanks so much for everyone's help and patience. I'm hoping that's the end of it!
If you have the OG version (like mine) hold onto it because dap they don't make them like that anymore... and if it happens to you (and you haven't done it yet) try it with the balanced lineout inside a quality amplifier... you won't believe the your ears. I use it with balanced output with the Cayin iHA-6 and HE6SEV2/HD800S/HE1000 Stealth... one word... magic.

Nov 4, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #1,447 of 1,456
Okay, it's still glitching, but does play at the end: PowerAmp takes a while to load but eventually plays, but UAPP seems to have trouble switching songs -- I go to do it and the whole app freezes and closes down. Just thought I'd try clearing the data cache. Sorry, but how is that done?

Nov 4, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #1,448 of 1,456
If you have the OG version (like mine) hold onto it because dap they don't make them like that anymore... and if it happens to you (and you haven't done it yet) try it with the balanced lineout inside a quality amplifier... you won't believe the your ears. I use it with balanced output with the Cayin iHA-6 and HE6SEV2/HD800S/HE1000 Stealth... one word... magic.
I appreciate the advice, but I only use headphones on the go or last thing at night, sitting up in bed. Either way I do not have that kind of cash to splash. In fact, I'm worried about even having to think about replacing the M6, and how much it would cost, especially this close to Xmas.

Nov 4, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #1,449 of 1,456
Okay, it's still glitching, but does play at the end: PowerAmp takes a while to load but eventually plays, but UAPP seems to have trouble switching songs -- I go to do it and the whole app freezes and closes down. Just thought I'd try clearing the data cache. Sorry, but how is that done?
To clear the application cache you need to go to settings - storage - internal storage - scroll to the bottom and almost at the end you will find cache. You click on it and it deletes it for you... but before doing so, close all background applications. :wink:

Nov 5, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #1,450 of 1,456
To clear the application cache you need to go to settings - storage - internal storage - scroll to the bottom and almost at the end you will find cache. You click on it and it deletes it for you... but before doing so, close all background applications. :wink:
Thanks so much -- I've done that. There wasn't much in there, but you never know.

In the meantime, for those following this saga, I've finally cracked it, it seems. I uninstalled UAPP and re-installed it and that finally seems to have done the trick, for sure. A few tagging problems, but I've taken care of those, and it must have been updated, as it actually now looks quite colourful. Unable to sleep last night, I pretty much listened to it non-stop, skipping around albums and between tracks, without a hiccup. It feels good to have it back! Thank you for your knowledge and patience.

Nov 20, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #1,451 of 1,456
Does anyone know how to connect m6 21 to mojo-poly using dlna with shanling player? (Poly as a dlna renderer) because when i tried to connect and play some song, it just show blank page
IMG_0628.jpeg

Even though i’ve connected to poly
IMG_0627.jpeg

Nov 20, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #1,452 of 1,456
Does anyone know how to connect m6 21 to mojo-poly using dlna with shanling player? (Poly as a dlna renderer) because when i tried to connect and play some song, it just show blank page
Even though i’ve connected to poly

If you tried to use any other DLNA app, did it work fine?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 22, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #1,453 of 1,456
If you tried to use any other DLNA app, did it work fine?
Yes, i use bubbleupnp and it worked fine. But i want to use shanling player becuse bubbleupnp ui suck.

Nov 23, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #1,454 of 1,456

Users who are viewing this thread

Back