Shanling M30 - Concept announcement
Dec 6, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #19 of 386
Guys it's beautiful, I've just sorta settle'd on Kann Cube for my transportable needs so it's good to see another option pop up!

Dec 6, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #20 of 386
Whoah! A game changer

Dec 6, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #23 of 386
I loved the kann cube but 2.5mm was a killer for me also i had alot of issues with the units I received.

2.5mm isn't an issue I have cables for that but I really want the Dedicated Hard Analog Line out and Digital Out options+Streaming support from Cube. So I can feed it into other Dacs and amps as needed

I have a system that's perfectly fine for balaned output I really need a true Transport. It's unlikely I'd even use the 4pin Out on something like this. My concern tho is price, $1500 for a new transportable system is about where I'm looking. Hopefully it'll be close to that

Dec 6, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #25 of 386
They left out one thing - coffee cup warmer module....

Dec 6, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #28 of 386
wow! Finally a DAP which has all the features, all ports for both headphones and IEMs world. Would be fine by me if it could be smaller in size and weight. Good it has small system memory because everyone uses SD card so it's pointless to increase retail price with monster system memory. A true multi-accessibility device everyone dreamt off !!

just remove the android :p

interesting project & it's a must try :)

so now the question remains - can it compete with those mainstream monster flagships (?)

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #29 of 386
Interesting concept. I suggest allowing the touchscreen module to swivel up. Also, the memory should be a solid state memory module. I look forward to seeing this in the UK!

Agree for the Screen to swivel-up. Also may I suggest some seriously BIG internal memory or ... 2 (or even 3 ) microSD slots instead of 1.

And make sure there is available an iPad App to remotly manage the playback (like Aurender's Conductor or A&K's AKConnect ) and a "real" fixed Line-out to connect it to a desktop Amp when returned at home. This make the device usable also as a home server and will justify even more it's purchase ( you get a DAP + a Home server for the asked price)

Antway Congratulation for this exciting project.... and thank you for pushing the envelop of our hobby

Sony needs to wake up FAST by adding WiFi streaming to it's DMP-Z1 . :)

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #30 of 386
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back